• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Well damn. Maybe I'll give it a shot. Thanks gentlemen.

It's really easy. I've done two using only a Dremel, a file, sand paper, and a drill gun. It took me about an hour to get it up and running. It's a fun little project and you buy all the upgraded parts you want from the start so you don't end up with a drawer full of OEM parts.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    It's really easy. I've done two using only a Dremel, a file, sand paper, and a drill gun. It took me about an hour to get it up and running. It's a fun little project and you buy all the upgraded parts you want from the start so you don't end up with a drawer full of OEM parts.

First Polymer80 Glock 17 I built took less than 2 hours start to finish.
    Small problem with the slide sticking, but an easy fix.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV

Do they provide you with directions (that come with the lower parts kit) on how to assemble?

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    Mine works. Tried it at AGC Sat. May 20 at 25yd pistol range with 6 o'clock hold. I'm trying to figure out my progressive lenses. Someone in the leadership of another club tried it out, also shot high and left, and said he thought it had a 4lb trigger pull. It has the midway lower parts kit.
    eeeb1866245b655cd19fc12a7606e795.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jan 8, 2017
    Finally got a chance to get the range to run a few rounds through my build.

After about 20 rounds I started to get an occasional failure to feed. Any ideas what could cause it?

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Mine made it to the range today and it preformed flawlessly, and the Lonewolf 357 Sig barrel was extremely accurate at 15 yards. Needless to say I was very impressed.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Mine made it to the range today and it preformed flawlessly, and the Lonewolf 357 Sig barrel was extremely accurate at 15 yards. Needless to say I was very impressed.

Buff: Did you swap out anything other than the barrel? I've been meaning to ask you if you had used the new .357 LW barrel in the 10mm pistol and the results thereof.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Buff: Did you swap out anything other than the barrel? I've been meaning to ask you if you had used the new .357 LW barrel in the 10mm pistol and the results thereof.

I had to use a different ejector block, the kit comes with a 9mm block but I was graciously gifted one from a member here.

And I just today also shot the LW 357 barrel in the G29 and it to, as I expected, was beyond perfect. @15 yards both were hitting silver dollar size groups from a standing shooting position.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    I have read this entire thread (yes it took all day) and I know I am ready to start buying. My problem is what do i want to spend?

I will get the 19C frame $150. I like doing things right the first time so I am tempted to get the Zev Dragonfly slide $500, Zev professional trigger $185, Zev threaded 9mm barrel $300 and P80 parts kit $110. Then I realize, I don't need a $1250 Glock not including sights and magazines.

I need help deciding what to get, and where to skimp. My two must-haves are a good trigger and a threaded barrel. If I buy the Zev trigger, do I just buy individual parts rather than the kit since I would have a leftover trigger? What are the important parts to spend money on? I would like to keep it around $800 or less.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    I have read this entire thread (yes it took all day) and I know I am ready to start buying. My problem is what do i want to spend?

I will get the 19C frame $150. I like doing things right the first time so I am tempted to get the Zev Dragonfly slide $500, Zev professional trigger $185, Zev threaded 9mm barrel $300 and P80 parts kit $110. Then I realize, I don't need a $1250 Glock not including sights and magazines.

I need help deciding what to get, and where to skimp. My two must-haves are a good trigger and a threaded barrel. If I buy the Zev trigger, do I just buy individual parts rather than the kit since I would have a leftover trigger? What are the important parts to spend money on? I would like to keep it around $800 or less.

I would skip the zev trigger if you are on a budget. You can get all the parts you need from Ebay. They have an OEM slide and all the lower parts for $515. Then get the 3.5lb connector and the 5lb trigger spring and polish the parts. Gets you a pretty good trigger and for around $700. then you have $100 for a nice set of sights or a threaded barrel.

jeganrocks

Feb 5, 2012
    Howard County, MD
    I would skip the zev trigger if you are on a budget. You can get all the parts you need from Ebay. They have an OEM slide and all the lower parts for $515. Then get the 3.5lb connector and the 5lb trigger spring and polish the parts. Gets you a pretty good trigger and for around $700. then you have $100 for a nice set of sights or a threaded barrel.

Not sure any are in stock still, but Baltimore's Best Pawn was selling slides

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=210373

and

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=210510

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    I had to use a different ejector block, the kit comes with a 9mm block but I was graciously gifted one from a member here.

And I just today also shot the LW 357 barrel in the G29 and it to, as I expected, was beyond perfect. @15 yards both were hitting silver dollar size groups from a standing shooting position.

That's what I was making reference to, that is, using the LW 357 in the G29. Did you need other parts besides the LW 357 barrel?

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    That's what I was making reference to, that is, using the LW 357 in the G29. Did you need other parts besides the LW 357 barrel?

No other parts needed for the Sig barrel, since it is basically a necked down and shortened 10mm so rim diameter is the same, just drop it in and roll some pills down the tube. :thumbsup:

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    No other parts needed for the Sig barrel, since it is basically a necked down and shortened 10mm so rim diameter is the same, just drop it in and roll some pills down the tube. :thumbsup:

I have the same barrel as you; you put me onto it. :thumbsup:

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island

Thanks for the idea. I think I will get the slide from BBP. I don't mind paying for the good trigger. It is kind of an "idea of what I want to pay" more than a budget :) Guess I will have to break the piggy bank.

Not sure any are in stock still, but Baltimore's Best Pawn was selling slides

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=210373

and

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=210510

Thanks Jeganrocks!
    Thanks, yes we have some in stock. We just received more Gen 3 19 slides into the shop. Still have Gen 3 17 available.

Thanks
    Dan

Dan, I will get up there to see you, you are just so far away, so hopefully you have a G19 slide when I can get there. Maybe Wednesday.

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    Thanks for the idea. I think I will get the slide from BBP. I don't mind paying for the good trigger. It is kind of an "idea of what I want to pay" more than a budget :) Guess I will have to break the piggy bank.

Thanks Jeganrocks!

Dan, I will get up there to see you, you are just so far away, so hopefully you have a G19 slide when I can get there. Maybe Wednesday.
    I'll put your name on one. I have a Zev trigger for sale too.

Thanks
    Dan

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I have the same barrel as you; you put me onto it. :thumbsup:

Be glad you grabbed it when you did, those things are like hens teeth.
    Lone wolf was supposed to bring it out in their Alphawolf line sometime, but the answer they gave me was "in the near future" :sad20:
    I for one hate waiting for anything.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom