• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    So if I SBR my AR pistol - do I have to choose a caliber, or can it be multi? I would like to switch between 300 blackout and 5.56 NATO?

AFAIK, you have to choose a caliber. You can build as many uppers of differing calibers you wish. If you later want to change permanently the caliber, ATF wants you to let them know.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    AFAIK, you have to choose a caliber. You can build as many uppers of differing calibers you wish. If you later want to change permanently the caliber, ATF wants you to let them know.

This, but make sure you have the caliber upper that you put on the F1 and hold onto it. If you put 223, have a 223 upper.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    The ATF merely wants you to be able to return the rifle to its Form 1 form. You can change the uppers on it at your leisure, as long as you maintain the 29" OAL as required by Maryland and you do not violate the evil feature rule.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    This, but make sure you have the caliber upper that you put on the F1 and hold onto it. If you put 223, have a 223 upper.

You do not need to do this.

All that ATF says is that they "request" that you notify them if you permanently alter the configuration of a Title II firearm so that they can update the NFARTR, but you are not "required" to do so.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

You do not need to do this.

All that ATF says is that they "request" that you notify them if you permanently alter the configuration of a Title II firearm so that they can update the NFARTR, but you are not "required" to do so.

^^^This was what I was trying to get across. :thumbsup:

458 socom

Apr 24, 2017
    I have a releated question to topic ,I have a ar pistol that I use out of state for hunting I would like to sbr it but I can't hunt in Colorado or several states I hunt in with a sbr so can I remove the stock install my sig brace and hunt my elk grounds as a pistol once I form 1 my lower .

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    I do not know the hunting laws where you go, so I cannot say what is legal there.

However, if you remove the stock from a SBR, it is no longer a SBR. If you do that in Maryland before you leave, you will also not need to file a form 20 to transfer it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom