• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    We don't do much C&R at the shop and have a quick question for the forum. We have a Beretta 1935 , serial dates it to 1955. On the ATF C&R list it lists two 1935 that are C&R. The one we have doesn't have the markings stated in the C&R list. For some reason i can't copy/paste from the list.

Does that mean that only those two variants are C&R? Seems like they all should be C&R.

Thanks
    Dan

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    As above everything 50yo is automatically C&R , without requiring specific listing.

Just checked the years of production for them, 1935-1967 . So almost all of them of them qualify. In 7 months it will be all .

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    The ATF adds stuff to the list that might not otherwise be C&R. Recent examples would be the CZ Vz.82 pistol and the Yugoslavian SKS rifles, all of which are deemed C&R regardless of age. Usually, it's collectors or museums petitioning the ATF to grant C&R status so they can be imported. That doesn't mean that only the firearms on the list are C&R. All other firearms fall under the regular rules about age and being in the original configuration in some fashion. Chances are the Romanian and Finnish contract Beretta 1935s were placed on the list many years ago, before they met the 50 year threshold. With the passage of time, all that are over 50 years old are C&R.

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    Those 2 serial are "special" for whatever reason as they were special submissions. Irrelevant at this point, anything over 50 (that can be proven) is C&R.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    There is an entire book of those "special submissions." You can ignore it. I never understood the point of that book, except for the guns less than 50 years old. Perhaps some of those "special submissions" were listed 45 years ago, I dunno.

Anything 50 years old or older is C&R; some things less than 50 are also.

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    We don't do much C&R at the shop and have a quick question for the forum. We have a Beretta 1935 , serial dates it to 1955. On the ATF C&R list it lists two 1935 that are C&R. The one we have doesn't have the markings stated in the C&R list. For some reason i can't copy/paste from the list.

Does that mean that only those two variants are C&R? Seems like they all should be C&R.

Thanks
    Dan

:needpics:

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    A couple pics

Attachments

• 1935.jpg
      1935.jpg
      126.9 KB · Views: 245
    • 1935b.jpg
      1935b.jpg
      128.7 KB · Views: 247

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    I called as soon as I saw the pics and got the same response.
    The pisser is that they told me it's been there for awhile and I must have walked past it 5 times .... :banghead:

Really wish some of our IPs would post their C&R (or even close to C&R) stuff in a FS thread here. They'd probably sell them quicker and at the very least, could get a good idea of what they're worth on the market. I've seen a couple of criminally low price tags out there. Seems like most of our IPs are very well versed in modern handguns and black rifles, but have a big gap in the C&R field of knowledge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom