• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • May 13, 2005
    No other markings except the red top? That's retarded. Unless you are trying to just generate revenue from out of towners that don't know what it means.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    the article doesn't say there won't also be signs. The sign is required by law. the red top just makes them easier to spot.

May 13, 2005
    The article didn't say there will be signs either lol.. and the pic of the meter didn't allude to being handicapped only. But that's good that a sign is required by law to alert the driver that's it's a restricted meter. Hopefully each meter will be marked. Quite easy if they are all electronically programmable like the one in the pic. Now it's just up to the observant driver to read the meter Lol...

Reminds me of some crap in a Minnesota suburb a couple decades back of a speed limit being reduced at night time on certain streets, but not marked at all. The local PD make a killing in revenue before they were told to knock it off.

Thanks for the heads up though, I wouldn't have know that a red top meter was handicapped restricted. maybe time limited or something but handicapped I would have guessed would be blue.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I'll check once I leave the judges chambers but I believe the red top ones have the universal handicap sign painted in white on the sides of the meters.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I'll find out for ya once the judge signs my warrant. I do know they are at 300 C st which is behind Indiana and same building

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I should have known this but we got rid of our meters in favor of the kiosk things. That being said there are multiple red tops meters put front and on C street and the meters are clearly labeled with the handicap symbols

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    How do red paint and markings on a meter hold water, juxtaposed to the fact that a metal sign is required for regular handicap parking and paint on the ground doesn't hold water?

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    I remember that in one state the symbol painted on the ground didn't cut it since when you pull in the space you cover it up and can't see it.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Are they now fleecing the handicapped ?

Or do these meters allow a non-handicapped person to pay for the privilege to use the HC spot ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom