• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Doesn't selling the house give an opportunity to cancel the lease?

No. Deadbeat tenants are toxic when selling a house. They can continue to squat after the lease expires. Depending on where the house is, the eviction process can be long and expensive, often as the deadbeat trashes the property. As a buyer, run very fast the other way.

EastWest

Jun 10, 2020
    Even something mundane like Vit C was a little hard to find.

Really? I had no trouble getting OTC on amazon and proscription meds (the one time I had a refill) in person. That was before the "peaceful" protests, though. After they started, I've had amazon give a refund due to inability to deliver. Since my family buys nearly everything on amazon and has never had this happen before, I can only assume the protesters either looted the item or attacked the vehicle carrying my item. Even then, most things are getting through.

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Really? I had no trouble getting OTC on amazon and proscription meds (the one time I had a refill) in person. That was before the "peaceful" protests, though. After they started, I've had amazon give a refund due to inability to deliver. Since my family buys nearly everything on amazon and has never had this happen before, I can only assume the protesters either looted the item or attacked the vehicle carrying my item. Even then, most things are getting through.

Emergen-C 90-count packets were out of stock at Costco everytime I looked. Nothing to be had on Target, Amazon, or Walmart either.

Pepcid AC 20mg was OOS on Amazon and Costco. It's slowly coming back, but prices are grossly elevated. One seller is offering $17 for a 25 cnt pack of Pepcid AC. Usual price is less than half that.

Haven't checked Tylenol recently. Two months ago, the entire shelf was wiped clean at Target.

It's another manifestation of the hoarding phenomenon. If the riots and looting doesn't cause a spike, a resurgence of COVID-19 will.

Prescription meds for me was okay throughout, but the the supply chain is fragile. If the local pharmacies gets looted, it's either wait or go farther to get refills.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    I’ve had great luck with buying stuff off Walmart.com. They seem to have stuff for sale that’s in stock and reasonably priced. I restocked my flour, OTC meds, and yeast from Walmart and had it all shipped to my door for free. Be forewarned: their packaging absolutely sucks - yesterday’s shipment was a Home Depot moving box held together with packaging tape. All of my pasta, pasta sauce, and other staples were fine, but the packaging leaves a lot to be desired.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I think the idea of a second wave is really silly...

Even if we’re 100% wrong, who cares? The only consequence is that we’ll have extra food and supplies on hand that we will use anyway.

And if we’re right, there may be food shortages that we will be able to withstand by being prepared. Seems like the rewards more than outweigh the risks.

namrelio

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2013
    Frederick Co. Virginia
    Even if we’re 100% wrong, who cares? The only consequence is that we’ll have extra food and supplies on hand that we will use anyway.

And if we’re right, there may be food shortages that we will be able to withstand by being prepared. Seems like the rewards more than outweigh the risks.

:thumbsup:
    No loose situation. I still don't go to the store often, but when I do I make it count.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Honestly I hope the entire prepper forum is a waste of time, and we’re all just a bunch of tinfoil weirdos. That means things are going well for everyone.

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    I think I need to buy a couple of the Harbor Freight Honda knock-off generators. I have a generac 5500 that works well but sucks down fuel. They can be hooked up to individual appliances and barely use fuel.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    >>>> freezers on national back log

Interesting. I've noticed that hair clippers and fishing gear is sold out or in short supply locally. Oh, and gym equipment, especially free weights. You can forget getting any Olympic free weights anywhere.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    Backyard entertainment and related accessories are also sold out: pools, swing sets, etc...

Freezer shortage sucks. If I needed one I’d get an order in now and wait until August to pick it up.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Was it me, I’d stock up on Lil blue pills, Trojans, BCPs and KY jelly.

Maybe some should consider instead...Kleenex and rubber gloves and Witch Hazel or Jergens.

Tossers...the lot of ya.

Hey, I finally got my vasectomy in a couple of weeks ago.

It’s like a contraceptive renewable resource.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Interesting. I've noticed that hair clippers and fishing gear is sold out or in short supply locally. Oh, and gym equipment, especially free weights. You can forget getting any Olympic free weights anywhere.

The fishing gear shortage was unexpected. Ordered some stuff online and it came in about 20 boxes. Gotta love it when Walmart sends you a pack of 5 jig heads in a 12 x 8 box with packing material! The box was more than the jigs.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I have been trying to get as close to a years worth of food which I figured on canning up yo 500 jars of veggies out of our garden and I have a quarter of beef and a hog coming in September

My problem now is I am out of room. My spare room and pantry and all our cabinets and 2 freezers are full and I have another freezer coming but shit it’s taking way more room than I figured on

Oh well, I really do look like a crazy person if anyone were to come in the house! Guns ammo and food every damn where

I guess it beats starving lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom