• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    I think this is one to file away until we get more info.

I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to move as early as possible once the session starts, but that shouldn't be a shocker to anyone. I haven't heard one way or the other if that is the plan though.

You can bet they are unofficially circling the wagons so they can hit the ground running...

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Excellent video link, Minuteman. I re-posted this to another (and predominantly liberal) forum. Those folks would just scoff at the information if it was less reasonably presented. But you can't so easily dismiss this kind of level-headed fact-based presentation. Need to see more of this, folks.

It got me thinking, so I looked for myself.

In 2011, two people in Maryland were murdered with a rifle, two.
    Three people were murdered with a shotgun, 75 were murdered with a knife or other cutting instrument and 17 people were murdered by someone's bare hands.

FBI Uniform Crime Report, Murder by State, Types of Weapons, 2011

Facts are facts.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    It got me thinking, so I looked for myself.

In 2011, two people in Maryland were murdered with a rifle, two.
    Three people were murdered with a shotgun, 75 were murdered with a knife or other cutting instrument and 17 people were murdered by someone's bare hands.

FBI Uniform Crime Report, Murder by State, Types of Weapons, 2011

Facts are facts.
    (emphasis mine)

Quite a few of our "favorite" politicians, at both the state and federal levels, are ruled by emotion - damn the facts, damn what their constituency wants...only their emotion prevails...

Silent Stalker

Shooter
    Feb 11, 2010
    Maryland
    what do you guys make of this. I just pulled it off the MD legislature. Seems like they want to open the concealed carry before they lose in the 4th appeals

Attachments

• hb0038f.pdf
      112.8 KB · Views: 130

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    what do you guys make of this. I just pulled it off the MD legislature. Seems like they want to open the concealed carry before they lose in the 4th appeals

"They" don't want to, Mike does.

He has it reading a lot like Florida's standards, which should be a national model of how it's done.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Wait.... Why would (ii) still be in there?

I see he proposes it take effect June, that's interesting.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    any update on when we should have a hearing from the 4th appeals

The hearing has already occurred; we are awaiting a decision. As the saying goes, expect it in two weeks (a joke, we have been saying two weeks for a long time...see the CA4 thread in the Maryland 2A forum - the decision will come when it is done, only the panel @ CA4 knows when that will be).

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD

Delegate Smigiel has introduced similar legislation each of the last few years.

He is one of Maryland's most outspoken representatives when it comes to our gun rights.

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham

From the PDF page 3:

has good and substantial reason to wear, carry, or transport 11 a handgun, such as a finding that the permit is necessary as a reasonable precaution 12 against apprehended danger].

Here we go again G&S needed. Or am I reading this wrong?

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    From the PDF page 3:

has good and substantial reason to wear, carry, or transport 11 a handgun, such as a finding that the permit is necessary as a reasonable precaution 12 against apprehended danger].

Here we go again G&S needed. Or am I reading this wrong?

Square brackets = proposed removal from statute.

Bold text = proposed addition to statute.

theBIGone2087

Point-of-Aim Productions
    Aug 15, 2010
    Laurel, MD
    I like it! That basically says if you have a non-resident permit from say Utah, Viriginia, or FL... you got yourself an MD permit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom