• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mercop

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 7, 2008
    SW PA
    Just got my first real one, a ENO Doublenest that I have taken to sleeping in the front yard in. Check out my blog, I just wrote two articles on hammocks- George

boricuamaximus

Ultimate Member
    Dec 27, 2008
    Raised on an island I love em but I prefer these types. All natural cotton. Simple, cheap, will last a life time.

lg_ranchos_crudo.jpg

diesel-man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 8, 2009
    Just got my first real one, a ENO Doublenest that I have taken to sleeping in the front yard in. Check out my blog, I just wrote two articles on hammocks- George

Must be too many people hittin it right now. (won't open)
    Anyways, so you got a pocket sewn into it for a shootin iron to keep the bears or whatever else away? Me thinks a 45LC might be about right...no use pissin' off a bear with a 9mm!! :lol2: I'd like to hear about the last O-Shight moment layin' in the hammock?

boricuamaximus

Ultimate Member
    Dec 27, 2008
    guys, just take a trip to PR or anywhere in Caribbean. Spend no more than $40 and you have a hammock for life. Make sure you get it from the shady looking wooden plank business cause they're made by hand at those "establishments"

Crxflippr

Foolish Mortal
    Oct 23, 2008
    Frederick
    I love hammocks, but I hate when I improperly hang my hammock. I've spent some pretty miserable nights with too much droop or a leaning hang, because the discomfort was better than getting out of my sleeping bag. Long hikes followed by thunderstorms will do that too you.

BeltBuckle

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2008
    MoCo, MD
    guys, just take a trip to PR or anywhere in Caribbean. Spend no more than $40 and you have a hammock for life. Make sure you get it from the shady looking wooden plank business cause they're made by hand at those "establishments"

Boricuamaximus speaks wisdom.:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

SWMBO got me a top line Nags Head Hammock a few years back and it gets major use all summer. I've been traveling a lot throughout Central America in recent years, and brought back hammocks from most of the countries down there (all my friends run the other way now when they see me coming: "Oh, God, not aNOTHER hammock!!":omg::outta her)

I've come to the conclusion, after much comparison shopping, that the best hammocks I've seen (note qualifier...) come from Nicaragua, but I've gotten really good ones from El Salvador, Panama, Honduras, Costa Rica and Guatemala. I prefer the smaller diameter cotton fiber with the tighter weave -- more comfortable to me than the thicker rope based Nag's head jobs. You can get a great hammock for 20 bucks, 30 max.

The season approacheth. :bannana:

Punchabearinnamouf

High Tech Redneck
    Apr 11, 2009
    Hollywood, MD
    I love hammocks. Finally got one a couple weeks ago for the house and there are few things better than coming home from a long day at work on a nice day, grabbing a beer and just laying out in the hammock.

leroygibbs

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2008
    Yeah, +1 to the central american /carribean hammocks. We've got a bunch of them from traveling around, and they are pretty much perfect. Nothing like laying in the hammock with a drink after a day of yard work...

WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    When I go canoeing I nearly always pick up an $10 hammock and a 6ft tarp. It's much more comfortable than sleeping on the ground in a tent. I used to string one up in the back yard of my mom's house and sleep out there in the summer but I haven't done that in ages. Unfortunately sleeping outside makes you get up at the crack of dawn :D.

Maverick0313

Retired and loving it
    Jul 16, 2009
    Bridgeville, DE
    Love them.....used them in the field when I was in the Army. Did I fall out? Yes. Still loved them.....crawling critters couldn't get to me as easy.....

midcountyg

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2009
    Preston, MD
    banana_hammock.jpg

Suprised it has taken this long for someone to think bannana hommock :lol2:

Hammocks are cool. Years ago would set one up when I went camping. Nothing like relaxing in it surrounded by nature.

boricuamaximus

Ultimate Member
    Dec 27, 2008
    Makes me wonder. They have to be good for your back right?

I remember my uncle complaining about back pain. Takes a nap on the hammock and is good to go for the rest of the day.

I have always wondered that. I know that when I go to the grandparent's house my little ones invade the hammock. Now that I have a 2 year old he will probably use my little hammock.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Hammock + Kilt could = Neighbors and Passerbys going :shocking::shocked::shocked3: or :rofl:

If you've ever seen George in person, it reminds me of the old joke:

Where does a grizzly bear sleep? Anywhere it damn well wants to.

Put the grizzly bear in a kilt, give it a flattop and a Fu Manchu moustache and you've got the image.

kohburn

Resident MacGyver
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2008
    PAX NAS / CP MCAS
    I'm a big hammock fan. I've gotten 8 friends into backpacking with hammock tents. I have 2 hennessey hammocks and one jacks-r-better bridge hammock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom