• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Camaraderie is part of what MDS is about. Hanging out on this forum, blowing off steam, getting the right guy to do that difficult job at your house, or posting absurd humorous threads that have no purpose but to entertain.

It’s also about YOUR Gun Rights.

If you care
    If you can walk
    Your ass should be out here holding a flag or a sign.

A note from your wife or doc is the only excuse acceptable.

There were a measly 8 MoFo’s joining one Dick Heller out in front of the UNITED STATES CAPITOL to counter the gun control “die in” today. WTH!? There were only 2 of us retired guys out there. Unacceptable! Dick turns to me and says, “Are there any more coming?” I gotta tell ya, I was a little embarrassed.

Other than that, it was fun and that camaraderie was there. Where were you?

This was a short pep talk. Now think about your duty to get yer old ass out there next time!

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Same here. I was up in Harrisburg delivering transmissions today; with my wee little post-retirement part time job.

Thank you for attending the counter protest.

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    Not retired but my schedule aloud me to join the fight today and I must say I had a great time today. I haven't been able to make many events over the last couple years do to some personal issues but with them almost in hand I will be attending more often. For those who haven't attended, it should be on your bucket list. I have always had a great time at every event. Our 6-8 block walk with one of the guest speakers of the die in, was both enjoyable and enlightening. I believe we made an impact to her opinion and view of the gun community.

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    I thank you guys. I was taking care of a few things today prior to corporate coming into town tomorrow.
    My boss is on vacation and I was not able to take off.

I feel badly about not being there in support.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    I thank you guys. I was taking care of a few things today prior to corporate coming into town tomorrow.
    My boss is on vacation and I was not able to take off.

I feel badly about not being there in support.

You’re working and you have a responsibility to your job and your family. Retirees have the time and should be there.

My arthritis is fired up after today, but I’ll be alright. Some can’t make it for health reasons, but why weren’t a dozen retirees at a minimum out there today? Should have been 3 dozens!

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Not to be a party pooper BUT...

I sense a disturbance in the force contributing to this as well.

I get rumblings of continuing interpersonal issues that while they shouldn’t outweigh issues of this import, may just impact turnout. People don’t spend time with other folks who they either don’t like or are uncomfortable with. That’s life. Even for things as critical as our Second Amendment. Harmony is pretty key imo.

Meh. What do I know?

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    Not to be a party pooper BUT...

I sense a disturbance in the force contributing to this as well.

I get rumblings of continuing interpersonal issues that while they shouldn’t outweigh issues of this import, may just impact turnout. People don’t spend time with other folks who they either don’t like or are uncomfortable with. That’s life. Even for things as critical as our Second Amendment. Harmony is pretty key imo.

Meh. What do I know?

Yeah, people can get butt hurt, so we move on. So then, there should have been 34 retirees out there. Not sure why you’re sidetracking my point of retirees showing up instead of watching Price Is Right, for some other non-related issue.

fred2207

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    PG
    When I'm available, I'll be there... I will not make excuses or be shamed by any one... I answer to no person or group as to my showing up or not... I have earned that right...

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Yeah, people can get butt hurt, so we move on. So then, there should have been 34 retirees out there. Not sure why you’re sidetracking my point of retirees showing up instead of watching Price Is Right, for some other non-related issue.

Well gee, my cars in the shop and my wife wasn’t about to drive me back and forth to Shady Grove metro when she had a doctors appointment. Can I come out of the corner now?

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    If you must know...

At home trying to breathe. Bad COPD day after an unanticipated late night.

We missed you. Sounds like your day sucked. Here are some of my quotes in this thread.

If you can walk
    Your ass should be out here holding a flag or a sign.

A note from your wife or doc is the only excuse acceptable.

Some can’t make it for health reasons...

I expect a doctors note on my desk first period, or we take a trip to the principals office!

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009

Attachments

• My Point.jpg
      My Point.jpg
      33.4 KB · Views: 347

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    I was busy testifying before the Texas Senate Finance Committee on the subject of arming teachers and the School Marshal program but I share your pain. Over a hundred Demanding Mommies™ in attendance and only 4 gun rights advocates... in Texas! Lots of work to do everywhere.

HD1200S

May 6, 2013
    Just Saying

I am still fulltime but I do get some personal time off (PTO) from the job. I live in St. Mary's Co. so it is only a 3 hour drive round trip. My problem is I never hear of these events until they have passed.

We need to get organized like our Liberal foes. Delta Airlines flies them around the US free. Soros pays for their meals and lodging and since they either quit or don't have jobs the rest of us pay their welfare. The left has this demonstration stuff down pat.

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    I've actually seen too huge a crowd appear to backfire and I watched it happen.
    Annapolis in 2013 didn't have room for the pro 2A crowd.
    All they did was blame the NRA for ginning us up which they claimed wouldn't be there otherwise.
    I actually believe the crowd of that magnitude made them (the MGA) double down even more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom