• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    The email I got yesterday from WVCDL showed some info on the hearings that pretty much had the sheriff'so association speechless. Il see if I can find the email.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Proof that educated and smart aren't even close to the same thing. Maybe the elitists in Anapolis will one day take note. Doubtful though. Hubris can blind. Especially liberal, educated people who think they are smarter than the rest of us.

Good news WV.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    update:

[FONT=&quot]3-22 Carry (SB347) Passes House Judiciary[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]WVCDL members and supporters, thanks to your efforts, 3-22 (constitutional or permitless) carry has passed a major legislative hurdle. It passed the House Judiciary Committee today by a vote of 21-3.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Multiple amendments designed to poison the bill were shot down on 16-8 votes.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The bill is a committee substitute, and there are some changes from the senate version. So I will provide a summary of the bill as it stands now.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]If the bill passes in its current form:

- The CHL licensing system remains completely intact so that we may take advantage of reciprocity agreements and carry in other states.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]- Anyone over the age of 21 may carry openly or concealed without paying fees and obtaining a Concealed Handgun License, provided they are not prohibited from owning firearms.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]- Anyone over the age of 18 who is a member of the Armed Forces, Armed Forces Reserves, or National Guard may carry openly or concealed without paying fees and obtaining a Concealed Handgun License[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]- The prohibitions of openly carrying a loaded handgun in a car, or in the woods of the state are removed. This will now be permissible without the "gotchas" in the Natural Resources laws.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]- A longarm will be considered unloaded in a vehicle (thus legal) as long as the magazine is removed, and the chamber is clear. Meaning, you can't be charged with poaching for having a detached mag with some rounds in it.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]- If a sheriff wrongfully denies your CHL, you may obtain reasonable court costs and fees if you take your appeal to Circuit Court and win your case.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]- If you move to another county, the Sheriff must issue you a new CHL with your new license, and your original expiration date for a fee of $5.00[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]This bill is a HUGE win for West Virginians if we can get it to the governor in its current form. Stay tuned as it heads for a vote on the floor of the House.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Please contact your Delegate and ask them to support SB347!
    http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001040R...J96f31LT3eiyqv4kk0e0uZg_WVnGGDBCtgqzEwcnnZQ==[/FONT]

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Wow, that's awesome!

There are now I think five states that are Constituional carry? Plus Montana practically is too, except for cities.

Why can't we have a simple, clean set of gun laws like this? Prosecute people for criminal behavior, not for carrying a firearm because it's otherwise not possible to tell the good guys from the bad guys. Real simple... West Virginia now gets it.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    - The prohibitions of openly carrying a loaded handgun in a car, or in the woods of the state are removed. This will now be permissible without the "gotchas" in the Natural Resources laws.

This has been a huge wish list item for me, personally given the nature of how I spend my time in WV. Glad to see it's coming to fruition.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    One note to keep in mind-the original bill was 18 y/o and up. The House judiciary amended up to 21 and over (for CC;OC is still 18). While it can be changed back to 18, time is of the essence and trying to get the amendment removed could blow the whole thing.
    WVCDL appears to be doing the smart thing and proceeding to get the bill passed, and maybe next year get the age reduced to 18 for CC and/or reduce the CCW permit fees.
    It's outstanding news and if other states (KS,NH,ME) can get their bills through then we'll have more Constitutional Carry states than May-Issue. I'm feeling the beginnings of another wave just like the shall-issue wave in the 1990's.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    They need to get rid of that Governor, he's the only reason it hasn't already been signed into law.

I was wrong. As stated, Montana is permitless outside cities. I had it confuse with Wyoming which is residents only.

back to our scheduled thread.

apologies

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom