• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    From MoonBattery.com.

No matter what happens, the liberal establishment will blame it on global warming and use it as an excuse to deprive us of our Constitutional rights. Katrina is one case in point. The East Coast blizzard is another:

The recent blizzard that hammered North Carolina is also taking its toll on the state's law abiding gun owners. Citizens possessing concealed carry permits who are caught packing heat during the "state of emergency" will be subject to criminal charges, per the state's firearms law.

On Christmas Day, Lt. Governor Walter Dalton, in consultation with Governor Bev Perdue, called in the National Guard as snow covered every county in the state. Once a state of emergency is declared, concealed carry permits become null and void, and those who aren't familiar with this bizarre stipulation in the law are subject to arrest and criminal prosecution.

That is, law-abiding citizens are forbidden from carrying defensive weapons whenever a situation arises that might make them particularly likely to need them. Criminals as always will be unencumbered by this absurd law, because firearms restrictions do no apply to them, as evidenced by the many shootings that occur in "gun-free" zones.

Do criminals take a ‘snow day’ ? What better reason to car jack than needing a warm, dry vehicle to drive to your next liquor store robbery.

Did the firearms confiscated during Katrina also include those being held by home owners to protect their lives and property when they were ordered to evacuate … and didn’t ? I think that even in the People’s Republic of MD I would have done the same.​

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    It is supposedly a Jim Crow law where they removed such wording as "colored", when Jim Crow became illegal. I am sure for a time that whites who were armed during a state of emergency got a free pass, but times have changed ALOT. Now I don't know for sure if this really is a rewritten Jim Crow law, but it sure stinks like one.

This abomination should have the NAACP all over it, but apparently the modern NAACP likes to play "white man" as a power thing, much like the pigs in Animal farm started walking on 2 legs and seeing the other animals as stupid.

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    Dumbest thing to have CCW suspended during an emergency. Fine in a state where you can open carry ... I forgot I live in MD, forget my rant ....

Al Norris

Spud Head
    Dec 1, 2010
    Rupert, Idaho
    This precisely why the SAF and Alan Gura got together some plaintiffs and civilly sued NC over these particular "State of Emergency" laws (Bateman v. Perdue)

Interesting to note that the last brief filed was the State, in which they decried any use of an emergency... Failing to note that an emergency was declared right after the suit was filed (opening day for dove season - essentially prohibited hunting) and that the State's brief said no other emergencies would be forth coming.... Then Christmas hits!

Shinobi

Jan 4, 2011
    Calvert County
    I was in the North Carolina National Guard for several years. Every time it snowed we got called out. Basically, North Carolina tax payers are too cheap to buy snow plows and salt and things like that. So their little game is that they call out the National Guard and beg to have minor snowfalls declared as Federal Disasters. Once it is a Federal Disaster, guess who foots the bill? The federal government. So as Maryland tax payers we pay for our state's snow removal, and North Carolina's snow removal.

That said, North Carolina way more gun friendly than Maryland.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom