• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • c33m0n3y

Mar 14, 2010
    Howard County
    Reading through the list of "assault weapon" listing according to MD Code § 5-101(p), the FN SCAR is not listed. The listing available online was last updated in 2005. Is there a newer listing available somewhere, or are brand-new semi-auto rifle models developed/produced after 2005 not subject to this "assault weapon" designation?

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    If it's not on the list or a copy of something on the list then it is not regulated. There is no updating of the assault weapons list like the handgun roster has. The regulated firearms are defined in the law itself and that can only be changed if they change the law.

Nonetheless because its scary looking there will be dealers there who will on insist on doing 77R paperwork on it anyway, because they either don't understand the law or just really don't care whether you like it or not. If that happens I would suggest checking around for another FFL.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    If it's not on the list or a copy of something on the list then it is not regulated. There is no updating of the assault weapons list like the handgun roster has. The regulated firearms are defined in the law itself and that can only be changed if they change the law.

Nonetheless because its scary looking there will be dealers there who will on insist on doing 77R paperwork on it anyway, because they either don't understand the law or just really don't care whether you like it or not. If that happens I would suggest checking around for another FFL.

+1 [/thread]

c33m0n3y

Mar 14, 2010
    Howard County
    I read the law the same way you guys did. Now, how about the hypothetical and purely speculative :D scenario of a MD resident heading to VA and picking one up, then driving back home. Still kosher with MD code?

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    I read the law the same way you guys did. Now, how about the hypothetical and purely speculative :D scenario of a MD resident heading to VA and picking one up, then driving back home. Still kosher with MD code?

Yep, a non-regulated long gun is fair game when purchased from the licensees location in another state.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom