• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    So, what say the collective? Pro's, cons? Favorite brand? I am looking to expand and am looking at these. Give me an idea what you like and why.

billymx48

Jun 20, 2015
    I have a savage .17hmr bull barrel with accutrigger. Its a great gun. Shoots great groups at 100 yards and functions flawlessly. The 17 is great for squirrls or groundhogs or what ever you shoot in the right spot. won't damage meat either.

Billman

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?
    May 18, 2010
    Sykesville, MD
    Not sure if you're interested. I'll be listing a Savage 17HMR in the classified this evening. Laminated stock, bull barrel and threaded barrel with a "budget" scope (BSA Sweet 17) and likely some ammo too.

Last edited:

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    Not sure if you're interested. I'll be listing a Savage 17HMR in the classified this evening. Laminated stock, bull barrel and threaded barrel with a "budget" scope (BSA Sweet 17) and likely some ammo too.

Not quite ready to buy yet. Just trying to see what everyone likes so I know where to start looking. I will look at it though.

smokedog

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2009
    Frederick Md
    I have a henry's lever action .17 and that thing is a tack driver and fun to shoot. I wasn't sure of the round but it has impressed me on small game.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    I love my savage 93r hbar. Like many, topped with the bsa sweet 17 scope. 17HMR is a great round. Low-ish cost for ammo. I'd look at all manufacturer of rifles. Savage kinda cornered the low cost market. Pick a bullet maker and stick with it. I use Hornady varmint tip.

Hippy

Mar 11, 2008
    Frostburg Md
    I fought the HMR Craze for several years having owned several 22 Mags that were less than stellar and completely satisfied with the LR and Mach 2.
    Found the Stainless 77/22 new at at price "2 good 2 pass up" and it has made a believer out of me it shoots "Bug Holes" at 50 yds
    The fact that the ammo is in good supply ,compared to the Mach 2, is also a plus

Jim

Laddertowr

trigger puller
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 3, 2013
    93R here as well...little critters have no chance...best yard sale find I ever ran across ($135)

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Have Ruger 77/17, Sako Quad, CZ 452 Style and still kicking myself for selling a NIB 452 FS. They all shoot lights out. I like the Hornady ammo.
    May have to look into the Henry lever action now that I know about them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom