Prediction: Annapolis may move to an outright ban....

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bourbonstamps

Dec 23, 2015
    Unfortunatly until we can give Hogan a veto proof General Assembly there is nothing he can do, they will just override his vetoes as they did several times this last session.

did SB281 pass with veto proof majority?

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    IMO, Hogan is almost a lame duck. My concern when we failed to make a big enough noise up_to and after SB281 (not necessarily our fault; the cards are heavily stacked against us here in MD), that it wouldn't matter. I predicted if there wasn't substantial turnover in our legislative body, it wouldn't matter who our Governor was to any major extent.

And what do you know, this legislative session we saw just how ineffective Hogan first session veto's would turn out to be.

IMO, there is no stopping this train, it's coming for everyone. The best we can do at this point is to fight to slow it down.

You can't run or hide to another state, because it's coming via the Federal Freight Train. I think Scalia said it best "[FONT=&quot]A system of government that makes all subordinate to a committee of 9 unelected lawyers does not deserve to be called a democracy."[/FONT]

And that is exactly what has taken place. We are supposed to be a Nation of laws, not men. Well that is until we re-interpret the thoughts, desires and blood spilled of those before us.

If you doubt me, just look at Hillary. How can the majority of Americans simply not care about what she has done? How can that many people be whitewashed?

These people have been playing the long game and they have become masters of it. We move closer and closer to an Oligarchy and farther from a Republic.

It's dark days my friends, I'm just so glad Sunday's coming.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I wish Hogan would realize that he will be forced to take a stance on 2a. It would be nice for him to get out in front of it

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Prediction: I will get real sick of this place real fast and move to my property in Nevada. Little town, big desert and nobody gets involved in your business. Like it should be!

Until Hillary sells the mineral rights to a Chinese or Russian State-owned business consortium and has the BLM force you from your land at gunpoint...

Naaaah - couldn't happen here.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    You can't run or hide to another state, because it's coming via the Federal Freight Train. I think Scalia said it best "[FONT=&quot]A system of government that makes all subordinate to a committee of 9 unelected lawyers does not deserve to be called a democracy."[/FONT]

I couldn't disagree more (with you, not Scalia). I believe a majority of states will officially secede before allowing some pimp in Washington to take away the Second Amendment. Just google or youtube "ar15 resistance" and you'll see. AMERICA, the non-hyphenated brew, will not go down without a fight!

It's dark days my friends

That I agree with wholeheartedly.

Attachments

• Get Armed..jpg
      Get Armed..jpg
      78.7 KB · Views: 310

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    THIS needs to be repeated

I wish Hogan would realize that he will be forced to take a stance on 2a. It would be nice for him to get out in front of it

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

We have friends in the legislature, and we and Larry have the same common enemies there too, regardless of the issues. Someone Pro-2A of stature in the House or Senate needs to have a sit-down with him and say that he needs to decide. No more trying to ignore DemocRAT efforts to disarm law-abiding Marylanders by enacting one do-nothing gun law after another. If Hogan can take a very public (and generally unpopular) stand against supporting Trump, he can take a very POPULAR stand for The Constitution and 2A, veto-proof or not.

Either way, he should be told in no uncertain terms that continuing to ignore a large and growing gun-owner constituency in the PRofMD, his re-election is in jeopardy if we decide to 'sit the next one out'.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    I couldn't disagree more (with you, not Scalia). I believe a majority of states will officially secede before allowing some pimp in Washington to take away the Second Amendment. Just google or youtube "ar15 resistance" and you'll see. AMERICA, the non-hyphenated brew, will not go down without a fight!

That I agree with wholeheartedly.

AMEN !!!

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    I hear talk like that all the time. The problem is they've been slowly separating us from our rights for almost 50 years and now in 2016, powerless to fix it. I'll make a prediction: If MD is allowed to adopt a magazine ban law; there will be a lot of magazines left at home. In other words, those who will not comply, wont have the nerve to use them out in the open (indirect ban). It's NOT going to be a "round_them_all_up" confiscation effort, it's going to be a slow methodical confiscation, done in the same manor that's got us into this mess.

We may not have left the Republic, but I can assure you the majority of our fellow citizenry have, not to mention our government.

IMO, No matter how you war game a "resistance", "rebellion" or whatever you want to call an armed conflict, any effort is quickly quenched. Collectively we've failed those Patriots who have warned us for decades about the ever growing governmental powers. Now we have local police departments that are far better equipped, better trained than it's armed citizenry it's here to serve. The gulf of power between law enforcement agencies (both state and federal) and it's citizenry is far to great now. I see no way to win.

I challenge you to take the time to work through such a scenario, and I mean really work through it, the ONLY way this is even remotely winnable is if law enforcement agencies, both County, State and Federal refuse to enforce these laws, and I don't see that happening on a large enough scale to make any difference. If in doubt, you don't need to look back any further then the enforcement of SB281, and how those HQL recipients have complied.

Anyway just my .02 on the issue.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    I challenge you to take the time to work through such a scenario, and I mean really work through it, the ONLY way this is even remotely winnable is if law enforcement agencies, both County, State and Federal refuse to enforce these laws, and I don't see that happening on a large enough scale to make any difference.

I wonder how the various ranges (especially AGC), will react when I refuse to comply & bring my standard capacity mag with my evil black rifle to shoot.

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    We have friends in the legislature, and we and Larry have the same common enemies there too, regardless of the issues. Someone Pro-2A of stature in the House or Senate needs to have a sit-down with him and say that he needs to decide. No more trying to ignore DemocRAT efforts to disarm law-abiding Marylanders by enacting one do-nothing gun law after another. If Hogan can take a very public (and generally unpopular) stand against supporting Trump, he can take a very POPULAR stand for The Constitution and 2A, veto-proof or not.

Either way, he should be told in no uncertain terms that continuing to ignore a large and growing gun-owner constituency in the PRofMD, his re-election is in jeopardy if we decide to 'sit the next one out'.

The problem is Hagan can't stop it or anything else from becoming law, and looking at the election results/polls; for a Republican Governor, Hogan was pretty safe endorsing Trump.

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    I wonder how the various ranges (especially AGC), will react when I refuse to comply & bring my standard capacity mag with my evil black rifle to shoot.

If it's becomes part of their rule set, then I suspect the RSO would have to ask you to leave, as is the case now for current rule offenses.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Sorry, rat hole ...

The problem is Hagan can't stop it or anything else from becoming law, and looking at the election results/polls; for a Republican Governor, Hogan was pretty safe endorsing Trump.

Then WHY didn't he ...

The same logic applies as I stated earlier.

AFA who will turn in their 'standard capacity' magazines ? I would hope that NO ONE will,

AFA displaying them openly in defiance ... momma didn't raise me to be no dummy. Keep your powder dry until it's needed ...

AFA what will THEY do about it ? A picture is worth a 1,000 words.

Attachments

• Rowe Blvd Bridge (signs).jpg
      Rowe Blvd Bridge (signs).jpg
      110.4 KB · Views: 237

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    I challenge you to take the time to work through such a scenario, and I mean really work through it, the ONLY way this is even remotely winnable is if law enforcement agencies, both County, State and Federal refuse to enforce these laws, and I don't see that happening on a large enough scale to make any difference. If in doubt, you don't need to look back any further then the enforcement of SB281, and how those HQL recipients have complied.

I think you're ignoring a coupla small details. One: roughly 2/3 of sheriffs support the Second Amendment as well as ~1/3 of police and military. So, right off the bat, the government's got a serious and, potentially, self-destructive problem within its own ranks. Two: with instant communication, an attack on one law-abiding tax-payer by government thugs is likely to result in hundreds of armed and VERY angry cavalry arriving to defend him. Refer to recent events re the BLM for examples. Three: anti-Americans, while loud and in control, are still—currently, at least—a minority in this country. Four: the federal government's been planning for an armed revolt precipitated by a firearm confiscation since at least the 80s when a close LE friend was tasked to infiltrate militia groups to gather intel on the strength and breadth of the anti-government movement/sentiment. Five: against an armed, prepared populace, you've got the likes of the US post office, IRS, DOJ, EPA, PAA, Milulski, Sanders....get the picture. You've got the gang that can't shoot or get their stories straight composed of government workers vs The People, who're armed, passionate and backed by the Constitution of the United States of America.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom