• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Never had a problem with Jim. The son and the rest of the group are a waste of time. I switched over to Gun Connection after having an assinine argument with one of the knuckleheads over the existence of a Mossberg shotgun that I looked at in the catalog the day prior and talked to Jim about.

why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    I can't agree more. Out of all the ranges I shot Freedom Armory is the very best with a staff that provides a family friendly atmosphere that I always feel very comfortable bring my wife and daughter to. All customers are treated with respect.

They highly support 2A and the right to carry without the third degree when you walk in the door when you carry. Unlike all of the Maryland ranges. In Maryland the best you can hope for are one or two ranges that (I'm told) will let CCW holders carry, but not without the 3rd degree with requiring you to report to them each and every time you enter the range.

Agree 100% with the above. I shoot at FA a bunch and have always been treated very well by everyone on staff there every time Ive been there.

Christian Soldier is another good place with good staff. Ive been in there a lot during this frenzy and have seen several women come in buying their first gun and not knowing what they should get. Every time, no matter how many people were waiting, Rob or one of his staff always took the time to Listen to what they had to say, understand their needs, make them feel comfortable and guide them to something that they could feel comfortable with.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Agree 100% with the above. I shoot at FA a bunch and have always been treated very well by everyone on staff there every time Ive been there.

Christian Soldier is another good place with good staff. Ive been in there a lot during this frenzy and have seen several women come in buying their first gun and not knowing what they should get. Every time, no matter how many people were waiting, Rob or one of his staff always took the time to Listen to what they had to say, understand their needs, make them feel comfortable and guide them to something that they could feel comfortable with.

I used to like CS until he screwed me bigtime. I did some photography work for him when i was fresh out of high school. Put some high quality stuff on Gunbroker for him. When it was payday i couldnt get a call returned, and he never was at the shop. I had bought an HBAR Colt from him months before. I was pissed. A customer, who was helping him on the side should be treated better. Like a dumb kid i just ate the loss of several days work. Screw it. But there was an issue with the Colt the day i got it and he went out of his way to make it right so i guess im 50/50 on him. (This was before the photos)

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    That store has some weird hours. I live a few blocks up Harford Rd from them and I very rarely see the store open. Recently I went in there with my daughter and $2000 in my pocket looking to buy a .45 for me and a .22 1911 for her to shoot. The tactikool dude was in there. One guy in there was sitting right in front of one of the cases and would not move out of the way so I could see what was in it. After about 20 minutes without being acknowledged I left. They played the door lock game with me and snickered when I tried to leave. Their prices were high anyway. I bought from Free State.

DaedalEVE

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 31, 2008
    The Dictatorship of Maryland
    I went to Just Guns several years ago, around 2007, 2008, because it was close. Honestly it wasn't the best experience I've ever had. Not the worst either mind you. I don't remember anyone dressed in any camo, and the place was pretty busy the day I was there. I felt ripped off the one time I bought something there however (charging like $650 for a GSG-5). I won't be returning.
    I've found other dealers with honest pricing and who even give a discount if you pay in cash. That's who gets my business.

kingfish

Jan 15, 2008
    Wow this is a revelation to me. I consider myself a snob when it comes to gun shops and feel as though I know more than they do (which is often the case). If someone comes off as a dick to me, it'll be at least a couple years before I go back there
    As for Just Guns, Ive bought 2 guns from them and I'm waitin for the paperwork back on the third. I really like them. The shotgun I'm waiting for was roughly half the going price and I even talked them into knocking $50 off the price. My experiences have been positive. My only complaint is they are not releasing anything until the paperwork comes back so I've got at least a few more weeks wait but I can't fault them about that

Also, at the previous timonium show, I spoke to the guy who's mother works there about ordering me a pistol and he actually called my back a few days later to give me a price. Seemed like a nice guy.

DaedalEVE

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 31, 2008
    Wow this is a revelation to me. I consider myself a snob when it comes to gun shops and feel as though I know more than they do (which is often the case). If someone comes off as a dick to me, it'll be at least a couple years before I go back there
    As for Just Guns, Ive bought 2 guns from them and I'm waitin for the paperwork back on the third. I really like them. The shotgun I'm waiting for was roughly half the going price and I even talked them into knocking $50 off the price. My experiences have been positive. My only complaint is they are not releasing anything until the paperwork comes back so I've got at least a few more weeks wait but I can't fault them about that

Also, at the previous timonium show, I spoke to the guy who's mother works there about ordering me a pistol and he actually called my back a few days later to give me a price. Seemed like a nice guy.
    Actually you can fault them about that.
    1) Shotguns are not regulated in Maryland (form 4473 only), and there for cash and carry. That is unless this was an AOW, in which case you'll be waiting on the ATF more so than the MSP.

2) The latest AGC newsletter (send over a week ago) stated that the MSI/AGC/ MLFDA suit against the MSP had ended with the MSP having sworn in court documents that certified dealers may release on the 8th day without fear of retribution, that statement of such would be sent to dealers, and that the MSP are also taking steps to deal with the increase in demand like hiring additional personnel to handle background processing.
    At this point in time there is no legal reason that a dealer in the State of Maryland should have for not completing a transfer on the 8th day UNLESS he/she has been notified either by the FBI (NICS) or the MSP that the transferee is disapproved.

So my question is, what "shotgun" have you bought that you are waiting to get back paperwork from the MSP?

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Actually you can fault them about that.
    1) Shotguns are not regulated in Maryland (form 4473 only), and there for cash and carry. That is unless this was an AOW, in which case you'll be waiting on the ATF more so than the MSP.

There are a number of shotguns on the regulated long gun list. SPAS-12, LAW-12, USAS, Striker, Mossy 500 Bullpup, etc.... Some dealers still do Saigas as reg'd too, even though MSP has clarified they aren't.

DaedalEVE

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 31, 2008
    pistol grip shotguns are now regulated as of a week or two ago
    And what happened a week or two ago to make this happen?

There are a number of shotguns on the regulated long gun list. SPAS-12, LAW-12, USAS, Striker, Mossy 500 Bullpup, etc.... Some dealers still do Saigas as reg'd too, even though MSP has clarified they aren't.
    All items from the 94 AWB, correct? Only reason I know of that a shotgun would be regulated in MD (if it was on that list).
    Also, thanks for letting me know about those. It completely slipped my mind that shotguns and handguns were also on that thing (the main focus was rifles after all).

aquashooter

Apr 17, 2013
    Monkey Co
    In the 80s, I was in Spec Ops Div for the department. In my branch, I worked with a USAF Pararescue, A USMC Force Recon, and a couple of Berets that had all served in South East Asia. Those that had really "Been there, Done that" never talked about their experiences and wore the bare minimum of required equipment.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    If its not on the current "regulated long arm" list, a pistol gripped with no stock shotgun is considering something else other than a shotgun, and you have to be 21 to buy it, regular federal form only. The way I understand it.

DaedalEVE

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 31, 2008
    If its not on the current "regulated long arm" list, a pistol gripped with no stock shotgun is considering something else other than a shotgun, and you have to be 21 to buy it, regular federal form only. The way I understand it.
    The thing is I got a regular 18.5" shotgun a few years ago. In the box it came with a pistol grip so you could swap out the original stock that was on it if you wish. It was cash and carry (as it should be).
    I'm pretty sure a shotgun (18"+) with a pistol grip and no stock is still a shotgun in MD. What else would it be (if it's not on the regulated list)?

And the reason I asked what happened in the past couple weeks that would make a shotgun with a pistol grip regulated (Armadillofz1) is because I'm unaware of anything that's taken place to cause any such thing to happen (outside of what's already on the regulated list as mentioned prior, which has been around for years). All new legislation that's recently been passed and signed doesn't go into effect until October 1st, and there is a grandfather provision. So get whatever you want before then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom