Isn't anyone concerned about Federal Gun Laws being discussed as we speak?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    Whatever back ground check they "could" come up with on a Federal level is already in place in MD.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    At the very minimum, you ought to contact the Congressman/woman/person in your area and voice your opinion about the gun law porposals in Washington. Possible vote on Thursday, so I heard.

The WV voters need to be raising hell with Manchin. In MD, Andy Harris is our needs to stand firm. Our Senators are under Obama's thumb.

I think Senate action is our 2A Waterloo. Lose here and all hell breaks loose. By the fall they will be rounding up our firearms.

Broder

Jan 13, 2013
    Redstate.com is reporting that the Republicans are on the verge of bailing on the filibuster plan.

http://www.redstate.com/2013/04/09/breaking-sources-confirm-senate-republicans-set-to-cave-on-guns/

Just FYI... I heard Fox News Radio report basically the same thing on WCBM this morning. They also reported that the Senate is close to reaching a "bipartisan" deal on background checks. I assume that is the "cover" they intend to use to torpedo a filibuster. The career Republican politicians in the Senate need gun owner support but in reality most of them could not care less about our 2A rights. They would love to get on the record as voting no on a gun control bill and defer the matter to the House. That is all cloture is about. They just want to be able to say they voted against it in 2014 regardless of the outcome. Those of you who are saying there is no way it could pass are delusional. There is still a tremendous push from the Democrats to get something passed. That "something" could still be very nasty and support is weak from a lot of Republican politicians.

mdshooter9090

Jan 29, 2013
    Hey guys,

I just sent 4 letters to 4 Senators. Distant Senators can and should hear from you - as their Vote affects your life and your money $$$ can go to an opponent of theirs.

Keep them posted on your view and that they shouldn't erode the 2nd Amendment.

Cheers.

gfmgp

Oct 19, 2010
    I'm suprised that we haven't seen more protest from guns and ammo company's advertising aginst the ones trying to take away 2nd amendment rights. With all of the sales and new NRA members I would think that we would see more big money companys kicking some ass. I hope that they are sending just as many e-mails to the anti's as they are the suporters asking for more money. It seems if they don't have enough money by now they neaver will. I hope I live long enough to see it though the courts If we can't get it stopped now.

mdshooter9090

Jan 29, 2013
    IRS is reading your email. (presumably, but certain to come)

This is important and relevant because it shows the erosion that will take place. Don't be fooled and don't doubt me.

The 4th amendment is being attacked.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Just FYI... I heard Fox News Radio report basically the same thing on WCBM this morning. They also reported that the Senate is close to reaching a "bipartisan" deal on background checks. I assume that is the "cover" they intend to use to torpedo a filibuster. The career Republican politicians in the Senate need gun owner support but in reality most of them could not care less about our 2A rights. They would love to get on the record as voting no on a gun control bill and defer the matter to the House. That is all cloture is about. They just want to be able to say they voted against it in 2014 regardless of the outcome. Those of you who are saying there is no way it could pass are delusional. There is still a tremendous push from the Democrats to get something passed. That "something" could still be very nasty and support is weak from a lot of Republican politicians.

I agree!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom