• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leroi

Feb 16, 2011
    Anyone have an all KIDD 10/22 or custom mostly KIDD build? I would love to shoot one before I drop the serious cash on buying one. I was looking at doing a custom build but may just go with a KIDD complete rifle built on the super grade receiver, as I believe it will be much more accurate than what I could build on a KIDD classic or other reciever. With ammo prices so high these days I want to build a kick ass .22 that I really enjoy shooting. Also, if your KIDD is suppressed that would be even better. I plan on getting a Silencerco Sparrow to go along with it. Would love to be able to shoot the same or similar package before I wrote the check.

Sven071

Apr 5, 2009
    Hey Leroi, you just asked the same question I have been thinking about for the past 3 years. I have a 10/22 in parts at the moment, and I wanted to build a Kidd complete 10/22... The reviews over at rimfirecentral.com about Kidd products are excellent... If you are thinking about making the plunge, I would l would love to see how it turns out.... Please keep me and us posted...

Cheers

crfakm4

hotel z71
    Jun 8, 2008
    MD
    I am also looking to assemble a 10/22 and will definitely use a KIDD barrel at the least.

robmints

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2011
    DSC08833.jpg

Supergrade, bell&carlson target/varmint, lightweight barrel (stainless with aluminum outer sleeve), two stage trigger 7+7, threaded, weaver v24

I live in northern Baltimore County, let me know if I can help.

Leroi

Feb 16, 2011
    Supergrade, bell&carlson target/varmint, lightweight barrel (stainless with aluminum outer sleeve), two stage trigger 7+7, threaded, weaver v24

I live in northern Baltimore County, let me know if I can help.

Nice Rob that is one nice looking 10/22. That is almost exactly what I want but I probably won't end up with all KIDD because it is just too hard to justify all that cost. I would love to come up that way and shoot it sometime if you don't mind though. Where do you normally shoot?

I was just spec'ing out a build today as follows: KIDD Single Stage Black Trigger 2lbs, KIDD 16.5 Bull Match Bead Blasted threaded, Nodak Spud Black Receiver, KIDD Silver Scalloped Bolt, KIDD Black Charging System, Hogue Overmolded Stock, Vortex Crossfire Scope, and Silencerco Sparrow. That is still going to be a pretty expensive build but probably $300 less than a KIDD complete supergrade rifle.

robmints

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2011
    Sorry Leroi, I did not see your question in there. We shoot in the backyards behind the houses on my street. Several gun lovers in a row right here. There used to be more but the guy with the skeet range moved out and the new neighbor does not share the same love of the shooting sports. One nice archery range left. The ladies archery range just kind of faded out. The lady whose property it was on, her husband got sick and she did not have time for archery. He was sick for a few years and a lot of things changed while he was ill. But it was a nice break for the soccer moms who used to meet for some shooting every Tuesday afternoon. Anyway, come on up, or we can meet somewhere if you are close by. I know exactly what you mean about wanting to try before you buy. I also think you can make a rifle as accurate as a full Kidd if you pay as close attention to detail as he does. One big trick I have noticed that slips by many is the magazine. 10/22ers should pay close attention to how the bullet feeds and make that transition smooth so the bullet is not scuffed in any way. All the other details are beaten to death.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom