M&P 15-22 and GSG .22 1911 at the range today.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CrawfishStu

Creeper
    Dec 4, 2006
    Crofton
    I took the rimfires to the range at On Target today. It was the first time I got to shoot the GSG. I picked it up about 4 weeks ago, cleaned it, put some grips on it, and put it in the safe.

I about 300 rounds between the two of them.

Both of them ran perfectly with 0 issues. Not quite as much fun as blasting through .45 and .223 rounds but man.....with what I save in ammo over the course of a few trips.....I can buy another gun.

The GSG mags were surprisingly easy to load using just my thumb nail to pull down the load assist button. For the M&P mags, I use a small steel rod to pull the follower down from both sides and just drop 25 rounds in.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with the GSG. It does what I planned on it doing and goes bang every time.

IMAG0440.jpg

Rednekrebel

Apr 9, 2007
    Edgemere
    I love my gsg. And so does my girlfriend. Pretty accurate. Love the feel, weight, recoil. Girlfriend finds it easy to slide or rack a shell. Easy to load. I need more mags for mine but haven't had the chance to buy any yet. I'd like a 20rd mag for the gsg but don't make them. 10 rds is easy to shoot through fast. I'd like my next 22 to be the pmr 30 but not md legal yet. :sad20:

Cheap to shoot those 22's arent they? I can shoot 10x 22 for the price of 1 45.

RJP3579

Mar 10, 2011
    Pasadena, Md
    I went to American Tactical Imports website to check out the gsg 1911 and discovered they are planning to introduce an stg-44 in. 22lr. Very cool!!! It says summer of 2012.

Crab Bait

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2011
    Pasadena
    I love my gsg. And so does my girlfriend. Pretty accurate. Love the feel, weight, recoil. Girlfriend finds it easy to slide or rack a shell. Easy to load. I need more mags for mine but haven't had the chance to buy any yet. I'd like a 20rd mag for the gsg but don't make them. 10 rds is easy to shoot through fast. I'd like my next 22 to be the pmr 30 but not md legal yet. :sad20:

There is a guy making a new follower for the GSG/SIG mags that allow 4 additional rounds. I didn't buy them, just know he was selling them.

Is it ok to link to another forum?

http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=339236

Dino

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2006
    Beltsville, Md.
    The GSG 1911's are my favorite 1911-22.
    Best of all, 80% of their parts can be swapped out for standard 1911 parts.
    This should offer a variety of options for "tweaking" and customizing. :thumbsup:

I have the Sig version.

DSC05094.jpg

Mason-Dixon Baseball

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Fallston

Freestate has mags for the GSG 1911....

And I love mine too!!! :D

Next on the .22 agenda is either the M & P 15-22 or maybe a CZ....:drool:

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    I'm JUST getting into .22 myself. Last weak at free state I found myself killing the rest of my time with .22 fire until the last 10 minutes when I Wyatt Earp'd a box of 45 colt. Love .22 now.

pilotguy

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Woodstock, MD
    Has anyone heard of the anything about a 22 cal Uzi ?

Got to see and hold it at the Shot Show. It is nice and heavy - heavier than the GSG5 or 15-22. The barrel extension looks like an actual silencer and not something someone just put on as an afterthought. Magazine is the shorter-style and they said that they were coming with a 20-rounder, but I haven't seen the rest of the specs yet. The stock is the same folding stock on the UZI and I wonder if a wood stock would fit.

http://www.gunsandammo.com/files/2012/01/uzi_rifle_2245820_ls_c_angle-tm-tfb.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom