• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mdoffroad

Looking to Learn
    Aug 26, 2011
    Abingdon, MD
    I am considering just keeping "iron sights" on my M&P, but I'm not in live with the OEM ones... the front sight isn't precise enough to me. Any suggestions?

mdoffroad

Looking to Learn
    Aug 26, 2011
    Abingdon, MD
    I honestly was thinking of just a more accurate fixed sight...I dont know if that even exists. I have vision problems that so far, have kept me from using a reddot(focus issues) and I'm considering a sight that will work at 100 yards just fine,but its not my current concern.

Krucam, your right, I'm not sure my budget as I'm not sure whats out there.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Oh, I see. I replaced my front sight post one time with a circle and cross hairs version, it actually works very well. Cheaper Than Dirt carries them.

mdoffroad

Looking to Learn
    Aug 26, 2011
    Abingdon, MD
    Until I just went and looked again, I didnt realize the post was seperate! THANKYOU! :)
    The crosshairs post is what I will most likly go to! thank you! :)

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Magpul MBUS sights are nice if you want an iron sight. But I'd say pick up a cheap Eo-tech or aimpoint clone, as they are quicker to use and much more tacticool.

mdoffroad

Looking to Learn
    Aug 26, 2011
    Abingdon, MD
    I tried looking through one of my borhters red dots, andmy vision issues realyl left me struggling to use it right. I think it will be a real scope for the outdoor range, and iron sights indoors. little back history, was assulted about 10 years ago, told Id bnever see outta my right eye, today I do, have color vision (though it vaies shadewise betwen eyes lol) and double vision if I lay on my side. Things tha gave me no issues before make me concentrate these days. This is going to be a learning experiment.

gunrunner

New MK12 Mod 0 Fan
    Dec 20, 2008
    Clear Spring, MD.
    You could do a point job on the fsp yourself. Just remove your fsp from the sight housing, chuck it in a drill and sharpen it down to a fine point. Works very well.

Dino

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2006
    Beltsville, Md.
    I bought an ACOG replica off eBay a couple years ago for my Colt M4 .22lr
    I don't remember the sellers name but it's almost identical to the one here ...
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/ACOG-TRIJIC...500?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cc03df084

I sighted it in when I first got it and it has held zero ever since.
    Here's a 10-shot grouping I did at 30 yards about a week ago.
    I really can't ask for better than that.

*edit* - I just read the description on the one I posted above.
    The seller's asking twice as much as I paid for a new one and no, it's not for an "airsoft".
    If you look, you can find them for under $100.

DSC05006.jpg

DSC05003.jpg

mdoffroad

Looking to Learn
    Aug 26, 2011
    Abingdon, MD
    My brother was nice enough to hook me up with a few things for the holidays. I ended up with a pair of the MBUS sights, a bipod and a few other goodies. I think I will order that front sight and see how it goes, worst that happens is I have a funny peice for a keychain lol.

krashmania

Still dont know anything
    Feb 6, 2011
    churchville
    Sorry, I find this amusing, you have vision problems that wont let you use a red dot, and I've got problems that make it so I can't focus on iron sights well and need something with either a red dot or cross hairs.

If we set up something to co-witness, we'd be groovy. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom