• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    If you want a good tactical style .22 get an M&P15-22 or SAvage MKII Tactical .22 Bolt Gun

Don't forget about the Sig 522. I've had mine since they came out and the thing is flawless. It's very accurate for a semi 22lr and eats any ammo out there without a problem.

Dino

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2006
    Beltsville, Md.
    I know most of you will say the Colt M4 is "pot metal" junk, but mine has proved both reliable and extremely accurate.
    Maybe I just got a good one. :D

DSC05006.jpg

DSC05003.jpg

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I have a GSG5 pistol and a SIG 522, I love them both. Great fun little guns and the 522 has been a great tutor for introducing my youngest son to shooting. I think when we talk about quality and reliability and such it's important to remember that these guns we are talking about here are all .22's. They are not meant to be an ideal weapon for going off to war, defending the home, or even slaying the occasional rabid zombie while out scavenging for canned food. :P They are meant for having fun. If you like one more than another then get it, even if is one of the more problematic ones (according to the ever-reliable interwebz). So what if it jams occasionally, as long as it makes you smile. That's what it's there for.

Jan 15, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    Don't mean to bump an old(er) thread but I thought this article would be of interest to a few people here...

http://www.gunsmagazine.com/hk-mp5-22-lr/

This is one of the guns thats been kicking around in my head lately and I had to pick up the magazine when I saw the article. The review was really positive and it seems like a good, affordable clone of one of my favorite guns. Never shot one myself, but I would like to pick one up eventually.

:beer:

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    I purchased a HK MP5 22LR last month and love it. :thumbsup:

Much better quality than the GSG. It's made by Walther with HK markings and imported by Umarex.

Magazines are easily found although not cheap - $29.00 each. The standard HK MP5 9mm mag clamp works well with the 25 round 22LR mags = 50 rounds.

This gun very well replicates a MP5 in the way it handles and operates.---Using decent HV ammo I have not had a FTF. Trigger isn't great but a liitle work can inprove it. Accessories such as a fixed stock and optic / red dot mounts are readily available.

This is a much better gun than the HK 416 - 22LR.

The M&P 15-22 is also an excllent choice for an AR style weapon. I have both the rifle and pistol versions.
    Not exactly true. It is NOT built by Walther, Umarex is the builder. They build guns under various contracts for HK, Walther, and Colt among others. Not only do they build the HK MP5-22, they build the HK 416-22 and the Colt M4-22. The Sig 522 is much better built than any of those and more accurate. When I decided to retire my Rem 597 in favor of a tactical rimfire for speed steel shooting I ended up getting an S&W AR15-22 PC edition. After adding JP trigger spring kit it shoots wonderfully in Steel Challenge and Ruger Rimfire Challenge events. I am still going to add a Geissele 3-gun trigger to it so it feels the same as my AR.

Sid.

Feb 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Not exactly true. It is NOT built by Walther, Umarex is the builder. They build guns under various contracts for HK, Walther, and Colt among others. Not only do they build the HK MP5-22, they build the HK 416-22 and the Colt M4-22. The Sig 522 is much better built than any of those and more accurate. When I decided to retire my Rem 597 in favor of a tactical rimfire for speed steel shooting I ended up getting an S&W AR15-22 PC edition. After adding JP trigger spring kit it shoots wonderfully in Steel Challenge and Ruger Rimfire Challenge events. I am still going to add a Geissele 3-gun trigger to it so it feels the same as my AR.

I don't own an Umarex .22, but Walther is the manufacturer/builder and Umarex is name under which the guns are distributed. Umarex is the parent company. They bought out Walther a while ago. Umarex was originally known for their Airsoft/bb guns.

Umarex USA page.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom