• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vswillj1

Oct 1, 2018
    I’m a little unclear about this. You can’t buy or receive any detachable mags over 10 rounds per MSP. So how is it that you may go out of state and buy them and legally possess them.

I also don’t see a maximum rounds for a detachable magazine, so I assume 10 is the max a MD resident can have.

aeabb77ba0d2b2000a739f785a3180fa.jpg

My morals are not for sale, my integrity is worth my existence.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Yes...it's a stupid law. You make it illegal to sell or transfer a magazine holding more than ten rounds within the state but it's perfectly legal to go out of state, buy high capacity mags and bring them into the state. You can go out of state and buy as high a capacity magazine as you can find. Really stupid but it gave the politicians the ability to tell the voters they "did something" about crime.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    nope, there is no limit for possession. Only transfer within the state.

You can go yo VA and buy a drum magazine or the infamous 600 round glock clipazine. It will not ban!

Dont ask why. The law does not ban it... The reason, is simple, complicated, moronic, and silly all at once.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    If you drive to PA to buy them, you are doing so where it’s legal. As you travel back into MD, they are already in your possession, so you are not violating any laws about receiving or manufacturing them. It’s that simple.

Vswillj1

Oct 1, 2018
    So a 15 or 17 round mag is perfectly legal in md

Vswillj1

Oct 1, 2018
    If you drive to PA to buy them, you are doing so where it’s legal. As you travel back into MD, they are already in your possession, so you are not violating any laws about receiving or manufacturing them. It’s that simple.

This is stupid

Vswillj1

Oct 1, 2018
    To own, but not to sell, trade, or give away within the borders of The Feestate.

I also don't think prohibited persons may possess them, but I can't point to the statute

So how would one know if they where sold or given away.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    You are severely overthinking this. You are in MD and the laws are written by the perpetually stupid and tend have no reason involved.

This is MD law (pertaining to the laws WITHIN MARYLAND)

4-305. Detachable magazines -- Prohibited
    (b) Prohibited. -- A person may not manufacture, sell, offer for sale, purchase, receive, or transfer a detachable magazine that has a capacity of more than 10 rounds of ammunition for a firearm.

Ask yourself the following:
    1. Am I manufacturing a detachable magazine that has a capacity of more than 10 rounds of ammunition for a firearm WITHIN MARYLAND?
    2. Am I selling a detachable magazine that has a capacity of more than 10 rounds of ammunition for a firearm WITHIN MARYLAND?
    3. Am I offering for sale a detachable magazine that has a capacity of more than 10 rounds of ammunition for a firearm WITHIN MARYLAND?
    4. Am I purchasing a detachable magazine that has a capacity of more than 10 rounds of ammunition for a firearm WITHIN MARYLAND?
    5. Am I receiving a detachable magazine that has a capacity of more than 10 rounds of ammunition for a firearm WITHIN MARYLAND?
    6. Am I transfering a detachable magazine that has a capacity of more than 10 rounds of ammunition for a firearm WITHIN MARYLAND?

If you can honestly answer no to the above you are legal and your morals have not been sold and your integrity intact.

Vswillj1

Oct 1, 2018
    You are severely overthinking this. You are in MD and the laws are written by the perpetually stupid and tend have no reason involved.

This is MD law (pertaining to the laws WITHIN MARYLAND)

4-305. Detachable magazines -- Prohibited
    (b) Prohibited. -- A person may not manufacture, sell, offer for sale, purchase, receive, or transfer a detachable magazine that has a capacity of more than 10 rounds of ammunition for a firearm.

Ask yourself the following:
    1. Am I manufacturing a detachable magazine that has a capacity of more than 10 rounds of ammunition for a firearm WITHIN MARYLAND?
    2. Am I selling a detachable magazine that has a capacity of more than 10 rounds of ammunition for a firearm WITHIN MARYLAND?
    3. Am I offering for sale a detachable magazine that has a capacity of more than 10 rounds of ammunition for a firearm WITHIN MARYLAND?
    4. Am I purchasing a detachable magazine that has a capacity of more than 10 rounds of ammunition for a firearm WITHIN MARYLAND?
    5. Am I receiving a detachable magazine that has a capacity of more than 10 rounds of ammunition for a firearm WITHIN MARYLAND?
    6. Am I transfering a detachable magazine that has a capacity of more than 10 rounds of ammunition for a firearm WITHIN MARYLAND?

If you can honestly answer no to the above you are legal and your morals have not been sold and your integrity intact.

I get all of that. I can say NO to all. Just doesn’t make common sense to make a half ass law.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I get all of that. I can say NO to all. Just doesn’t make common sense to make a half ass law.

:lol::lol:

you must be new to MD.

If it were not for half assed laws, Maryland would have none at all. The goal of most MD politicians is to look like they did something without actually doing much of anything, then collect the special interest money.

Vswillj1

Oct 1, 2018
    :lol::lol:

you must be new to MD.

If it were not for half assed laws, Maryland would have none at all. The goal of most MD politicians is to look like they did something without actually doing much of anything, then collect the special interest money.

Nope lived here all my life but knew two handgun’s in these dumb ass regulations

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County

We have half-assed morons passing laws in this state, this is the result of that.
    Can you imagine what the murder rate in Baltimore would be without those laws?:rolleyes:

Vswillj1

Oct 1, 2018
    We have half-assed morons passing laws in this state, this is the result of that.

Can you imagine what the murder rate in Baltimore would be without those laws?:rolleyes:

That’s really not a fair assessment. Regardless of the laws whether they are half ass or full ass crime is a crime no matter what city what state you live in there’s always going to be a dumbass is going to commit crimes. Now I do believe that if Maryland was a shall issue state we there would probably be less crime, but that wishful thinking

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA

That is the problem. Common sense is so scarce it is a veritable super power. Your politicians have no clue how to use common sense for anything other than a feelgood catch phrase to further restrict your rights.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    That’s really not a fair assessment. Regardless of the laws whether they are half ass or full ass crime is a crime no matter what city what state you live in there’s always going to be a dumbass is going to commit crimes. Now I do believe that if Maryland was a shall issue state we there would probably be less crime, but that wishful thinking

You must have missed my little funny face (:rolleyes:)
    I was being sarcastic.

Baltimore's crime problem is due to generations of training of the criminals. Teaching them that there are no real consequences for their actions and that, for the most part, their victims will be defenseless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom