• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I'm in the same boat. They called just now and said they couldn't see my DD-214. 5 minutes later and now almost everything is done, but I'm incomplete for CJIS and Secondary Review.

Submitted on 11 Nov with DHMH completed on 16 Nov. Oh Well...almost there!

It probably will be complete by Dec 9 because 30 days falls on the weekend then they will mail it so probably another week.:sad20:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    all the more reason to get one. I know playing their game is considered capitulation by some, but if you want more guns.........

Flametamer

MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2014
    Frederick County
    I had an experience similar to lkrose78 last month. I posted my DD-214 to the website, and it showed when I checked to verify it was there before clicking the final submit button. Got a call from a very professional, very courteous gentleman at MSP asking what I intended to use for my exemption since he could not see the 214. I explained what I thought I did to him, and he very kindly offered to accept an email from me to him directly with my 214 attached. I sent the email within minutes, and by close of business that day, I was approved.

While I absolutely hate the process and the infringement, and have put it off as long as I could, in my case, the gentleman I spoke with was an extraordinary public servant!

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I had an experience similar to lkrose78 last month. I posted my DD-214 to the website, and it showed when I checked to verify it was there before clicking the final submit button. Got a call from a very professional, very courteous gentleman at MSP asking what I intended to use for my exemption since he could not see the 214. I explained what I thought I did to him, and he very kindly offered to accept an email from me to him directly with my 214 attached. I sent the email within minutes, and by close of business that day, I was approved.

While I absolutely hate the process and the infringement, and have put it off as long as I could, in my case, the gentleman I spoke with was an extraordinary public servant!

Which is the case with 95% of stuff. Government employees aren't making the law. Just following it. Heck in 99% of the case, the ones you interact with aren't even making the policy or regulations to enforce the law.

I've worked with a few sorry excuses for a human...but most of them just want to do a decent job and serve the public. They didn't get in to it for the pay, I can tell you that!

Hate the law, not the player :rolleyes:

ftg6897

Feb 24, 2023
    Laurel MD
    HQL doing just as planned. Delay and discourage.

My checklist updated today with “DJS incomplete “ and secondary review incomplete do I need to do anything or just continue to wait ?

Attachments

• 9336C18B-C52E-4331-B6B7-3268863775DB.png
      9336C18B-C52E-4331-B6B7-3268863775DB.png
      60.2 KB · Views: 64

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom