• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    Amongst the Deplorables, SC.
    My Garand turns 75, errrr...., 72 (commas confuse me I'm not good at math! Thanks MatalMan!) this November. I have owned it for two years now and I decided to take some Pictures for her celebration.

This Garand was made in August of 1941. It presumably saw action in WWII and Korea. I say this because in 1963 (as engraved on the receiver) it took a trip from surplus back to Springfield Armory for an overhaul. It there received a 1950's "P stock" and a new barrel. It then sat in surplus, I can only assume it was overhauled to be issued in Vietnam; they went with the M-14 as we all know. So it sat in Government supply until the 80's. It was purchased by my friend's grandfather some point there after and he kept it as collection. It was never fired and when he passed, my friend came into possession of the rifle. He, having two National Match's and a WWII Garand already in the safe, held onto it and never fired it. In steps me. I purchased the rifle and have thoroughly enjoyed it. It is my favorite gun in my collection and shoot it fairly well I might add.

Ok so I only hit the plate once on video, still I was happy!

Here she sits now, with her original sling she was issued with.

-- Brent

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom