• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Federal HST against the world when it comes to pistol calibers! That's all I use in my 9s amd 45s

Check out the DPX like some time. In simulated bone tests(sternum/ribs) they were one of the few bullets to reliably expand. They also have surpriginly light recoil and perform on par with HSTs. The only drawbacks are that theyre expensive and md law is weird with all copper bullets if you're using them in a crime.
    http://www.brassfetcher.com/Bone Simulant/9mm Luger Bone Test.html

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    That Border Patrol spec 155gr was loaded hot. Complaints about battering guns, but no issues about expansion. ( Except for penetration freaks concerned it expanded too much.)

judah7

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 18, 2017

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Cool website.

I have no interest in committing crimes though man. Lol.

Haha I know. It is something to consider in a state thats not super friendly to use of defensive force though. If you feel you're acting in defense and are found to have legally screwed up, it's an additional charge that can show up in theory. Im more speaking for if you unintentionally commit a crime vs offering ammo advice to your local neighborhood gang trigger puller.

judah7

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 18, 2017
    Oh yeah I've heard all type's of stuff similar to that, like reloads being used in self defense coming back to bite me and etc. Which I think is crazy.... I believe you should be able to use whatever ammo you want in self defense but maybe that's not the case from what I keep hearing.

So I've damn near pledged an allegiance to federal HST and PMC for my fmj and been rolling with that line up ever since.

Maybe one day I'll get into reloading but the last thing I want to do is put together a load I like and be punished for it somehow someway. So I keep it federal and keep it factory for SD ammo. It's never failed me in practice shooting.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Oh yeah I've heard all type's of stuff similar to that, like reloads being used in self defense coming back to bite me and etc. Which I think is crazy.... I believe you should be able to use whatever ammo you want in self defense but maybe that's not the case from what I keep hearing.

So I've damn near pledged an allegiance to federal HST and PMC for my fmj and been rolling with that line up ever since.

Maybe one day I'll get into reloading but the last thing I want to do is put together a load I like and be punished for it somehow someway. So I keep it federal and keep it factory for SD ammo. It's never failed me in practice shooting.
    The reload thing is more of a myth than something to worry too much about. My mention of the md specific legal questions with all-copper bullets comes from the 2013 2A infringements pushed on us.
    http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/2013RS/Chapters_noln/CH_427_sb0281e.pdf
    Screen Shot 2017-07-26 at 22.41.42.png

judah7

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 18, 2017
    Got it, seems like a law aimed at criminals though, like wasn't it a law that has consequences for criminals who aren't supposed to have guns and there firearm having hollows in it?

This is something I heard awhile ago, don't know if it's true or not for sure though.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    yeah, I remember when they passed the law about depleted uranium boolits and I had to stop robbing banks with them. They are still sitting in the basement. What a waste of depleted uranium.

Now I just rob gas stations with replica guns.

:sarcasm:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom