• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    It's a shame that we have to counter-teach, but I do that. My oldest granddaughter (7) wants to go hunting with me. She is gun savvy. At age three, she saw a round of ammo I dropped on the floor and asked me to pick it up. She wasn't afraid of it, she knew from my training her that ammo wasn't for little kids. I saw an old Savage 410 break action last year and bought it for her. She is so excited about having her own rifle. All of my grandkids will get taught such things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    you wouldn't believe the anti Trump tripe that emanates from my grand daughter's mouth. A product of a left wing liberal Montgomery County school system and a liberal west coast father.

very sad.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    you wouldn't believe the anti Trump tripe that emanates from my grand daughter's mouth. A product of a left wing liberal Montgomery County school system and a liberal west coast father.

very sad.

Yeah, I think it has more to do with parenting, than what the teachers teach in school. My kids are fine and dandy with guns. My son keeps telling people, "We didn't want Hillary because she was going to take all the guns away and all of our money by taxing us."

None of my kids have received any grief in school, and a lot of people at both the pre-school and the elementary school know I own guns, shoot, and hunt. I was actually surprised a couple years ago when one of the teachers at the pre-school approached me and said, "Fabs, I think you might be the right person for this question. I don't know anything about guns, but my son wants to get a BB gun or an air soft gun. Can you explain them to me so I can make an informed decision." Kudos to her, in that she wasn't just going to say NO because she did not understand either item.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    i tend to agree, but i can't determine the actual source

Her Dad and his family are West Coast liberals.

sad either way.

W2D

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2015
    Escaped MD for FL
    Some people can see evidence that liberal policy is failing, and may eventually change their minds, and some will cave when chaos breaks out. Those people need to know what the liberty options are, and need be reminded often for when the time comes. The rest are useful idiots that will precipitate the coming catastrophe. Let them.
    I just don't see any way out of the current problems except for letting the cities hit rock bottom. The quicker it happens, the less people that get hurt over the long run.
    I suppose that runs along the "Rules for Radicals" playbook.

lawdog89

Mar 23, 2012
    Germantown
    As long as idiots like Frosh and his Democrat buddies are in charge ccw in Maryland will never happen. I thought Hogan could help but that just isn't going to happen. I hate to be negative but living here just makes you bitter.

Bourbonstamps

Dec 23, 2015
    As long as idiots like Frosh and his Democrat buddies are in charge ccw in Maryland will never happen. I thought Hogan could help but that just isn't going to happen. I hate to be negative but living here just makes you bitter.

the only thing that will save MD is a Supreme Court ruling striking down May Issue and No Issue and forcing all States into Shall Issue.

lseries

Dec 11, 2011
    I thought Hogan could help but that just isn't going to happen. I hate to be negative but living here just makes you bitter.

Hogan's a major disappointment, as far as I'm concerned. From where I sit the only thing electing him "accomplished" was to get Brown into the House of Representatives, where he can wreak his havoc on the national level instead of having it confined to one state.

I'm a lifelong Democrat. I voted for Hogan. However, if he doesn't do something proactively pro-RKBA I won't make the same mistake a second time.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Hogan's a major disappointment, as far as I'm concerned. From where I sit the only thing electing him "accomplished" was to get Brown into the House of Representatives, where he can wreak his havoc on the national level instead of having it confined to one state.

I'm a lifelong Democrat. I voted for Hogan. However, if he doesn't do something proactively pro-RKBA I won't make the same mistake a second time.

Brown cannot do anything at the national stage. The republicans dominate the house. Not likely to change in 2018 either...

If brown were elected as governor here, you would be kissing your ARs and the like goodbye. Hogan losing in 2018 would be disastrous for gun owners in MD. Big picture. We don't have anywhere near the capital here to be purists. Gotta take what we can get.

janklow

Feb 6, 2013
    Brown not being governor is a significant achievement in and of itself in a state where anti-gun Democrats control the legislature.

if it's about being proactively pro-RKBA... are you going to vote for the Democratic candidate over Hogan?

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Brown not being governor is a significant achievement in and of itself in a state where anti-gun Democrats control the legislature.

if it's about being proactively pro-RKBA... are you going to vote for the Democratic candidate over Hogan?

I agree with your statement about Brown. I am a big Hogan supporter too. But with the make up of the MGA, it wouldn't really matter who is sitting at the governor's desk. If the MGA wanted to pass a bill, any bill, they can. If Hogan would veto the bill, they have the votes to over ride his veto.

Sure Hogan is somewhat of an extra measure they must take, but if they want to bill to become law, they can have it at any time. That's why this next election is so important. Not just for the governor's job but for the make up of the MGA. We must pick up enough seats to prevent the super majority the Dems have now.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Brown ( or other Dem of his ilk) would be making anti-gun a priority, and applying major hardball pressure on the MGA to pass it.

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    It would be nice to transfer the permit process from the MSP to the county sheriffs

Be careful what you wish for. Transferring the licensing to counties would increase the number of bureaucrats creating their own process. At least with MSP, you have one process to respond it. One lawsuit to file if you disagree.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    In Mo Co, the sheriff is basically a process server with no real LE mandate. It would then devolve to the County Police. This might work if MD was shall issue and had enumerated conditions for issuance. Until that happens having different LE depts issue them would seem ripe for even more uneven application of the law.

Once the state has a clear shall issue process, this might work.

Under may issue, not so much.

my .02

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    In Mo Co, the sheriff is basically a process server with no real LE mandate. It would then devolve to the County Police. This might work if MD was shall issue and had enumerated conditions for issuance. Until that happens having different LE depts issue them would seem ripe for even more uneven application of the law.

Once the state has a clear shall issue process, this might work.

Under may issue, not so much.

my .02

THIS. Howard County is similar. HCPD (and HC Sheriffs office) wouldn't sign off on suppressors, they wouldn't be issuing CCW permits either.
    Shall issue is the only way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I agree with your statement about Brown. I am a big Hogan supporter too. But with the make up of the MGA, it wouldn't really matter who is sitting at the governor's desk. If the MGA wanted to pass a bill, any bill, they can. If Hogan would veto the bill, they have the votes to over ride his veto.

Sure Hogan is somewhat of an extra measure they must take, but if they want to bill to become law, they can have it at any time. That's why this next election is so important. Not just for the governor's job but for the make up of the MGA. We must pick up enough seats to prevent the super majority the Dems have now.

Don't forget that they just voted Frosh a free pass to do any little thing that pops into his empty head. Like petitioning the court to drop the MD redistricting case because no Rs were harmed. We may as well have elected a potato as governor, because the inmates are running the asylum.

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    Don't forget that they just voted Frosh a free pass to do any little thing that pops into his empty head. Like petitioning the court to drop the MD redistricting case because no Rs were harmed. We may as well have elected a potato as governor, because the inmates are running the asylum.

Stevie Wonder could see the map and tell this is a lie. But if this case isn't decided for the good guys then this state is lost and any freedom loving person should do whatever they can do to escape. Simply because the district lines being allowed to stay or even allowed to be drawn any which way, well that would make this state an liberal waste land with no hope. And here is something to consider everyone keeps hanging their hat on hogan for the ability to "redraw" the lines again after the next census. Well if this case isn't finalized by then what does he do? Does he moot the case by drawing them more fairly or take the chance and leave them be hoping to get a favorable ruling from the courts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom