• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    I searched but couldn’t find much in the way of opinion on these. With their sale, their mounts are down to 47.50. Anyone have any experience with these they could share?

( Ar-15 mounts )

Is it a safer bet to go with an American defense mount for an mro ?

I like scalarworks but they are entirely too much money for a mount.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

qorban88

Jan 11, 2015
    Pretty much every Geissele product is worth every penny, and that is a great sale price. I'm probably gonna purchase another charging handle.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    They are great fixed mounts.

I wouldn’t imagine anything from geissele being crap. I was leaning towards an qd mount for the mro but am open to fixed mounts as well as I’ll probably not remove the mro much if ever.

This is one of those rare 1 out of 10 situations you refer to chad, where I haven’t bought anything or made my mind up lol.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I wouldn’t imagine anything from geissele being crap. I was leaning towards an qd mount for the mro but am open to fixed mounts as well as I’ll probably not remove the mro much if ever.

This is one of those rare 1 out of 10 situations you refer to chad, where I haven’t bought anything or made my mind up lol.

:)

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    This is really tempting, but I like QD mounts unless I have other aiming devices on my rifle. That way if my primary goes down in a way that obscures my irons (mud, blood, optic gets shot with a SIM round because LARPING, mouth breather fog, etc), I can get back in the fight quickly. If I have a laser, irons become tertiary and I care less about QD (at which point the Geissele mounts jump to the top of the recommended list). This is a valid "work" concern moreso than something I'd worry about for home defense. Still can't seem to pull the trigger on one of these though.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    I ended up taking chads word on it, and picked up a geissele mount for my MRO.

I am ready to get this thing mounted and put some work in :)

Now, i'm just waiting for them to ship my order LMAO

its only been a week :)

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I ended up taking chads word on it, and picked up a geissele mount for my MRO.

I am ready to get this thing mounted and put some work in :)

Now, i'm just waiting for them to ship my order LMAO

its only been a week :)

I hope you like it.

Maybe they improved, but they used to take a long time when they do sales. My last Black Friday order from them took them 10 weeks.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    I hope you like it.

Maybe they improved, but they used to take a long time when they do sales. My last Black Friday order from them took them 10 weeks.

hooooolllly cow.

took them 3 weeks to ship the last trigger I ordered. I thought that was bad.

I called them at the beginning of the 3rd week like what is going on here guys?

I feel like anything past that is borderline time to ask for a refund and let them know about it.

GottaEat

Aug 24, 2014
    SOMD
    Shouldn’t be too long. Ordered on thanksgiving and it came Saturday. Ordered again on Black Friday and it came Tuesday

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom