• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Honestly, I don't know that I could do what I want to do with just one rifle.

My class/SHTF AR SBR isn't designed to shoot fast for competition at long ranges, but my multi-gun AR isn't designed for CQB, running suppressed, reliability across ammo, and getting dirty. If you forced me to choose, it'd probably be the multi-gun rifle (because the Vortex Razor GenIII is, uh, expensive), but I might screw around with it slightly (eg, put on an ASR brake and some offset BUIS).

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Probably going to be one of my bolt action .22's w/ Leupold scope.

Probably my choice as well, with a Leupold scope and a pocket chock full of cartridges. Maybe go to my 10/22 though, now that I have shot it enough to have no qualms regarding my example's reliability. Quiet, light, best for nothing but arguably small game perfect, head shots on deer definitely doable in close where most shots are found anyway. Enough precision for good enough, and rapid firepower capability sufficient to at least annoy while buying time to figure out what I might really need, as well as how and where to get it.

Sage954

Oct 8, 2019
    DDM4v7 18 inch barrel. Vortex Razor HD 1x6.
    Can be used as a red dot at a true 1x. 6x gets me some distance with an 18 inch.
    Down side is 18 for HD, but I’m most likely taking position in a corner, as I wouldn’t try to clear my house solo.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    One rifle?

Colt AR with 1-6x (or 8x) optic. And a .22 rimfire conversion.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    If I can keep all of my "pistols" and not necessarily SHTF deal...probably my Savage 10 tactical .223 with Vortex 6-18x44.

Dare to be different.

IX-3

Aug 21, 2018
    Eastern Shore, MD
    It would be hard but I would choose my 16” AR with it’s Vortex Strike Eagle 1-8x24. It’s the rifle with the most versatile optic.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Colt 6920. ACOG.

That's my "go-to" rifle. Has a genuine Colt M4 barrel (14.5") with a pinned and welded suppressor mount.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I feel like multiple uppers or not counting braced AR pistols is kinda cheating the premise here.

Last edited:

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    18” midlength, medium contour 1:8 match barrel , pdw stock , offset sights and 1-6 xLPVO

Attachments

• 15DC2025-1F14-4677-99A3-F99863F677EA.jpg
      15DC2025-1F14-4677-99A3-F99863F677EA.jpg
      177.7 KB · Views: 231

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    DDM4v11Pro 18" barrel w/Vortex Razor HD 1x6. A little on the heavy side but the optic gives me that "I can reach out and touch you or ruin your day close up" confidence.

Sirex