What is the highest level of medical training you have received?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What is the highest level of medical training you have received?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    Highest level...

NREMT-P
    ACLS Provider

Also from 1975 to 2007

MD EMT-A
    MD CRT - Cardiac Rescue Technician
    MD EMT-P
    MD EMT- B

Retired now.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    First Aid, CPR and 12 hours of semi-CLS (LGS runs classes and one of the them is Combat Trauma Treatment, kind of advanced Stop The Bleed, the instructor is a former Navy CLS Instructor and has it set up for civilians stopping short of anything that would require licensure).

Chriss

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    This
    3f4ac3ece27080e6f100cb9f737e0af8.jpg
    Well shit...that is BAD ASS cred right there I dont care who ya are....downright BAD ASS

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    I am only qualified to treat liberals...

"Go ask Bernie. He from the govt and he's here to help. Good luck!"

Rob

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Dreago

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2009
    Been doing X-ray since '92 with a lot of work in and ER setting. Have CPR and have taken ACLS and PALS a few times.

PJS

Heavy
    Feb 4, 2014
    Baltimore
    CPR, Some basic first aid (many years ago), and Stop The Bleed. Random online videos.

I figure if I'm willing to carry a handgun, I should certainly be prepared to provide emergency medical aid, since that's far more likely. I'm also a real estate agent, so I'm out and about (not in an office) a lot compared to most people.

Have a Rescue Essentials FLETC kit in the car, carry a small trauma kit (Rescue Essentials Advanced Tactical First Response Kit) with a CAT in my bag/briefcase.

I make a point of doing some sort of "sheepdog" training each month, either shooting, mindset/awareness/tactics, or medical.

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    CLS when I was in the army. EMT since 1992. Paramedic since 2008. Plus the requisite add on courses (ACLS, TECC, etc.)

Working in Langley Park has honed my skills on shootings, stabbings, and drunk people.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    MD EMT from 1991. Expired in 2018 since I was no longer affiliated.
    If you get affiliated again, MIEMSS, as a COVID-19 response, has a rapid reentry process for any EMT that expired within the past 10 years and any EMT-P that expired within the past 5.

Gtrnn

Apr 9, 2020
    Wow! Happy to see a lot of people with the same field. I'm a cancer surgeon. Thank you everyone for doing what you do during this time.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Took a CPR class every other year or so in my 20's. Did some sort of class the county fire department held on tying a tourniquet, chopping off a hand, getting hit by a chainsaw backlash, etc. in my 30's. 15 years ago I learned how to use the Automatic CPR device at work.

I've forgotten most of the training now.

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    OEC (Outdoor Emergency Care). An emergency medical certification specific to the National Ski Patrol. It's generally accepted as the same level of training/ability as an EMT-B (Just don't call me EMT certified), with a focus on the outdoors (ie; extrication, long(er) term stabilization and patient transport).

CPR certified annually since 2011.

I think basic first aid and CPR should be universally taught. It's not if, but rather when will it come in handy and safe a life of a loved one or fellow civilian.

Protocol for CPR in many states has changed as well. You have two rescuer, High Performance CPR, single rescuer, and civilian.

The biggest change is that you go straight to compression, 30 compression and then 2 breaths. Reason being that the body is presumed to still have decent oxygen levels, so getting the blood moving is first priority. In many states they are moving to compression only for civilians.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom