• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • onedash

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2016
    Calvert County
    I never had an IWB holster. The Alien gear shape shift 4.0 IWB Holster looks and sounds like a good one. Anyone use one yet or a previous model? Thoughts?

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I have never bought an alien but they look nice . I just bought a Black Arch holster single clip Protos-M for my Glock 30s I love it and it feels good .

I will clean up my other older model Protos-M and see if i can get a new clip for it next week . Sorry i can not help you on the Alien Gear

Silverlax

Nov 13, 2014
    Eastern Shore
    I never had an IWB holster. The Alien gear shape shift 4.0 IWB Holster looks and sounds like a good one. Anyone use one yet or a previous model? Thoughts?

I just ordered the tuck 3.5 on black friday. Received it a few days ago. Its okay. The backing is universal for all pistol shells and is much larger than actually needed. I purchased it because of the ability to tuck in a shirt over it, however it prints easily when doing that. The position they recommend to carry at prints badly as well. I am going to try to design my own in the future around my specific firearm.

The shapeshift is much more versatile but thickness was a huge factor in my decision ymmv.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Depends on your handgun, and where/how you intend to carry it. I've tried them out, they basically add modularity at the expense of bulk. For something small, like a P365 or G43 they add an absurd ammount of bulk, especially IWB or appendix positions, try something thinner like the Vedder or Tulster to make the best use of the pistol's small size. For something larger like a G19/G17 it can be nice to have the ability to carry a few different ways with a single holster, and the added bulk from the backing can help isolate a larger pistol from your body, although you could also say it makes a bulky handgun in a bulky holster REALLY bulky, not a big deal OWB, but could probably do a lot better for a IWB holster.

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    I have the 3.0. I wear it everyday and with my m and p shield i hardly feel it anymore. I wear it at 3 o clock and i drive alot. No worries when driving.

I was looking at the shape shift but i am one who likes a seperate tool for each job. IMHO when you try to get one tool till to do multiple jobs each tool suffers.

Nobody

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    I have looked at them and tried one with a Glock 19.
    It's very bulky and I didn't like 2 clips. I have decided a single clip minimal kydex is best for me.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Walther PPS M2--w/ Cloak Tuck 3.5 IWB.

Comfortable, and the Walther snaps in and is very secure. I ride with it all the time when I am in America. Wear it at about 4 O'Clock, canted forward as far as it will go. Does not print with an untucked shirt.

HRDWRK

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Jan 7, 2013
    39°43′19.92216″ N
    I have an older one for my hipower. The holster makes the weight of the hipower almost unnoticed!

I have a newer model for my CZ Rami.

I'm currently looking at the newest shoulder holster for the rami!

Great fit and finish on all of them!
    I normally wear them 12 plus hours..

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    The whole shape shift thing is not for everyone, but it comes in handy for me. I use whatever version of the shape shift setup they were selling in 2017. Specifically for glock19. I keep the kit with me because I don't always know how I'm going to need to carry it, and the ability to reconfigure is nice. It is bulkier than a purpose built setup, but is comfortable.

onedash

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2016
    Calvert County
    So I ordered a s&w performance center shield m2.0 4" barrel and no one makes iwb holsters for the 4" yet it seems.
    Might order a Ted blocker, they are all custom made.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I have a first gen IWB holster for a CZ I own. It was very comfortable. The bulk is there on the backing to spread the weight of the whole rig around your waist. Even with a double-stack 9mm, it was pretty comfortable for all day use.

Patriot

Dec 31, 2011
    Harford co.
    I have a first gen IWB holster for a CZ I own. It was very comfortable. The bulk is there on the backing to spread the weight of the whole rig around your waist. Even with a double-stack 9mm, it was pretty comfortable for all day use.

I have a first gen as well and agree that it was very comfortable. I did not care for the bulk and switched to a Foxx Hybrid which is a very similar design with less bulk. The kydex has enough flex to be comfortable and is thick enough to be secure. It was a couple bucks cheaper too.

https://www.foxxholsters.com/products/foxx-hybrid-holster-natural-leather

Glock_Fireman

Professional Pot Stirrer
    Apr 6, 2013
    Freedom Land
    I bought the kit and have a shapeshift shell for each hand gun I love Alien Gear. I typically carry appendix but due use the 4.0 iwb. And I have tha molle and thigh holster. And with the kit you have 2 options for owb.

Conundrum

Oct 19, 2007
    WV
    I bought the kit and have a shapeshift shell for each hand gun I love Alien Gear. I typically carry appendix but due use the 4.0 iwb. And I have tha molle and thigh holster. And with the kit you have 2 options for owb.
    Actually thinking about getting this kit myself. I have a P365XL and a VP9SK. Unfortunately, the ShapeShift is not available in the P365XL yet. Their release calendar says, "September-October."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom