• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grimnar15

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 21, 2019
    Start by joining MSI. A very modest amount there - even just your simple membership fee - helps to support the talented and dedicated people there who are trying to hold the left's unconstitutional feet to the fire in this state.

At the national level, groups like the SAF are important. Regardless of what you may think about the NRAs internal political strife, understand that the NRA-ILA and NRA-PVF are essentially separate entities from the main membership wing, and work on litigation and election/legislation matters in important ways. It's literally never been more important that this stuff gets both local and national attention. But if you get no further than throwing a pizza's worth of money at MSI, you're contributing in an important way.

Thanks, I just have little faith that MD wont go even more extreme than 2013. How did MSI influence DC “shall issue”? Lobbying or a lawsuit?

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Thanks, I just have little faith that MD wont go even more extreme than 2013. How did MSI influence DC “shall issue”? Lobbying or a lawsuit?

DC regained some of its liberty in that regard through a suit that made it to a federal circuit court. MSI (and others) are trying to appeal our situation in court for the same result. DC and Maryland are in different circuits.

cstone

Dec 12, 2018
    Baltimore, MD
    This reminds me of living in Colorado during the Boulder Airlift. Too bad Magpul won't be dumping lots of low priced magazines in Maryland to show how stupid this type of legislation can be. Almost every gun store in Colorado currently sells magazine "parts kits" openly flaunting the law, which is not enforced. In Colorado, a magazine "parts kit" is a disassembled magazine with all of the parts dropped into the equivalent of a quart sized zip lock bag. Don't reassemble the parts or you may have violated the law. But the progressive legislators who passed the law were under the impression that once all of the rounds were fired from a magazine, the magazine was no longer useful. I do believe that some of those ignorant legislators believed that reloading ammunition was the act of putting rounds into previously empty magazines. SMH.

Be safe.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    MD might rush further down the path of full stupid. I think they'll just slow trudge along.

I fully expect an amended long gun qualification license bill to be brought up and probably pass. My guess is it becomes a gun license though and the HQL requirements and what not get absorbed in to it. Full UBC in MD then. Plus waiting periods, limits on how many you can buy, etc.

HBAR ban might be back, but with a grandfather.

No idea past that. Yes, MD legislature seems a lot more extreme than most of the country, but that said, Beto (for now) is a small sliver of those gun grabbers willing to openly advocate for confiscation of guns themselves. I have no doubt they'll push further and further for that, unless SCOTUS jumps in and shuts that crap down. But I don't think MD is going to be prepared to go that far just yet. Most of the gun grabbers are a bit sensitive about being shown they lie (other than Trump). Pretty easy to play back all of the times the various dem MD legislators have said they are NOT advocating for confiscation. That they are NOT coming for our guns. Won't stop them banning things. They might just try to widen a ban...but I highly doubt they'll move to non-grandfathered bans on guns themselves.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    Read the second amendment. The amendment does not grant the RTKBA. It prevents the human freedom of RTKBA from being infringed upon by the government. Read in that light the whole gun control thing - past, present and future - takes on a whole very very chilling unconstitutional light. A dem gets in the presidency...things will get very rough and very real. The parallels of Hitler’s rise to power and recent US history is chilling

ralph.mclean

GOC (Grumpy Old Cop)
    Jan 27, 2018
    Edgewater, MD
    As long as you don't "purchase" or "transfer" high capacity magazine feeding devices in MD, you can have as many as you want, at whatever capacity. You can't BUY them in Maryland, nor can anyone give them to you, BUT they are NOT illegal to possess, UNLESS you are caught committing a crime of violence with a gun, at which time the use becomes an add-on charge.

I buy over in VA, when I go over there to shoot. Or up in PA, if I happen to be up there...

Stock up. I'm going for 100...

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    You don’t really think that if we put on black masks, got threatening and violent, burned things and tried to shut down other people’s activities, that that would suddenly make the majority in our state who think we should have no guns at all ... change their minds and agree that we should have easier access to higher capacity mags?

Has an antifa style mob action ever made you change your mind about anything, ever? That’s why - thank goodness - our team doesn’t pull that kind of crap.

No, but back in the day we hanged people who violated our freedoms. That seemed to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom