• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    So a single, individual Trooper has the final say? No review of his recommendation?

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Here's a link to a very good explanation of how CA's expungement process works:

https://www.shouselaw.com/expungement-will-not-do.html

Note that it clearly states the CA expungement process will NOT restore one's 2A rights if the charge was related to certain felonies and misdemeanors related to sex, assault, robbery, firearm, and drugs. My computer related charge was for browsing and posting on internet car chat forums, posting SFW pictures in discussions while at work (seriously even the judge was like why are you here?).

Like I said, did not have any issues with buying and owning these handguns in CA, but the MSP trooper on my application felt that the MD gun law applied in my case and issued a denial.

The government stupidity that is in play here is typical for Maryland. I'm sorry you're having to go through this, and I hope you are able to get it corrected. Now, let's see those pics!

:needpics:

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    No he is not. His conviction was removed by having the 1204.3 in CA. (Think PBJ)
    This was a mistake by MSP or something still showed up in the federal database that shouldn't be there.
    I'm pretty sure a 2A lawyer could get this fixed really quickly.
    Ok I re read the thread and see he already changed his plee. In that case he still needs to get a lawyer to clear it up because technically he’s still prohibited. I would not be building any P80’s until then.

Ok I re read the thread and see he already changed his plee. In that case he still needs to get a lawyer to clear it up because technically he’s still prohibited. I would not be building any P80’s until then.

I agree that he shouldn't do anything until this is squared away. Him being "prohibited" is a clerical or database mistake. I think we all agree a 2A lawyer should be able to get this fixed rather quickly.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Wow, OP, I feel for you. I have no legal advice to offer, just my heartfelt wishes that you can clear this up with as little pain and expense as possible. Completely FUBAR. If this happened to me, I think I would go full on super-villian. Kudos for keeping your composure under these trying circumstances.

Ciditad

Nov 27, 2019
    Per request this is what I gave up:

20191126_155113_compress98.jpg

as you may gather I'm a German/Italian fan.

I have already been talking to Ed Hershon but he apparently is very busy and couldn't call me Tuesday as planned so I'll follow up with him next week. After reading your comments I'm more cautiously optimistic about my chances now, hopefully it'll be cleared up soon.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    yeah I 2nd or 3rd talk to an attorney. Your situation could even be the kind of test case 2A attorneys like as a test case to get laws overturned.

Start a gofundme for legal bills.

no guarantee you wont run into something similar in another state, if its in NICS.

Some Guy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 26, 2017
    Per request this is what I gave up:

20191126_155113_compress98.jpg

as you may gather I'm a German/Italian fan.

I have already been talking to Ed Hershon but he apparently is very busy and couldn't call me Tuesday as planned so I'll follow up with him next week. After reading your comments I'm more cautiously optimistic about my chances now, hopefully it'll be cleared up soon.

I think you need to decide whether you want to take it to court (years) or get out of Maryland. The governments of both Maryland and California will never willingly allow you to exercise your rights, and that includes the courts in both states. Your time, and your dime.

If I was you I'd gtfo and go someplace with a government and a large percentage of the population that doesn't despise you. If not you'll spend the next ten years disenfranchised and in court trying to change a system which will probably just get game f*cked again by another batch of sh*tty legislators, judges and bureaucrats.

Maryland. It never fails to disappoint. Really sorry to hear you are getting rolled by your own government.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    I think you need to decide whether you want to take it to court (years) or get out of Maryland. The governments of both Maryland and California will never willingly allow you to exercise your rights, and that includes the courts in both states. Your time, and your dime.

If I was you I'd gtfo and go someplace with a government and a large percentage of the population that doesn't despise you. If not you'll spend the next ten years disenfranchised and in court trying to change a system which will probably just get game f*cked again by another batch of sh*tty legislators, judges and bureaucrats.

Maryland. It never fails to disappoint. Really sorry to hear you are getting rolled by your own government.

I don't agree. Fight like hell, but don't let it get you down. Join one of our many advocacy groups and fight these bastards.

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC

Some Guy is 100% correct. Do you want to fight the MD legislative element that has unlimited resources and nothing to lose?

I fought and still fight in DC. TBH I should have moved to the wonderful Commonwealth of Virginia.

Ciditad

Nov 27, 2019
    The one funny thing I can think of from my experience is I've never seen any government agency act so quickly. I mean if our government could replicate the speed in which the MSP showed up at my doors to take away my legally purchased property, we wouldn't have poverty, crime, and declining education system.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    The one funny thing I can think of from my experience is I've never seen any government agency act so quickly. I mean if our government could replicate the speed in which the MSP showed up at my doors to take away my legally purchased property, we wouldn't have poverty, crime, and declining education system.

Oh yes they're exceedingly efficient when it comes to seizing property and rights of any kind

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    You said you filled out a 77R for guns you already own? That isn’t even a requirement, you should have done the MD new resident voluntary registration. The 77R even says it is not for new resident registration.

Ciditad

Nov 27, 2019
    You said you filled out a 77R for guns you already own? That isn’t even a requirement, you should have done the MD new resident voluntary registration. The 77R even says it is not for new resident registration.

I believe it was a 77R for voluntary registration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom