• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Guderian

Mar 31, 2011
    Hi,

I have had my own business for a little over a year. I am mostly paid by credit card or check. With the checks, I have deposited via my mobile phone. Credit card payments received are all done online. I've only been paid by cash once and deposited it via teller.

With respect to expenses, I mostly pay by credit card, and pay the credit card via electronic transfer from business bank account. I occasionally will pay an invoice by check, but it is rare (less than a dozen). Majority of time, I use either credit card or transfer.

I do not mind providing bank statements from my operating account. Given the above, will I need to provide anything else to prove my business?

I read the 45 page guide on MSP website, but it does not go into detail of what a business owner needs to provide other than copy of business or trade license.

Thanks.

Shazam

Dec 20, 2012
    They want some tangible evidence of business cash flow. Copies of deposit slips or teller receipts is a simple way of providing proof so they can check that off their list of requirements. Bank statements or a letter from the bank also give them some written documentation, but that is a deeper look into your business. Maybe a redacted bank statement will at least give them something.

The "need" to demonstrate cash flow is a concoction of the MSP. Maybe you can get by without providing documentation, but that will not be the easy path.

Your interviewer may ask for more information. Ask your interviewer what the or she wants and have some options available to offer. Be prepared for the interviewer to ask how much cash you handle. Back when I had my interview the trouper made a big deal of that question. I answered "mostly check and credit card payments" which he reluctantly accepted.

spitfire481

Mar 31, 2012
    Glen Burnie Md
    My interviewer basically scratched out any deposit I made via cell phone. I learned that early on from a friend and luckily switched to atm check deposits for the second and third month bank statements. I only had a couple of actual cash deposits in those three months. She was looking for physical bank/atm transactions

Hi,

I have had my own business for a little over a year. I am mostly paid by credit card or check. With the checks, I have deposited via my mobile phone. Credit card payments received are all done online. I've only been paid by cash once and deposited it via teller.

With respect to expenses, I mostly pay by credit card, and pay the credit card via electronic transfer from business bank account. I occasionally will pay an invoice by check, but it is rare (less than a dozen). Majority of time, I use either credit card or transfer.

I do not mind providing bank statements from my operating account. Given the above, will I need to provide anything else to prove my business?

I read the 45 page guide on MSP website, but it does not go into detail of what a business owner needs to provide other than copy of business or trade license.

Thanks.

blueharford

May 6, 2020
    Harford County, MD
    I had a burglary and assaulted by the burglar pretty bad in 2018. The sherif that came to the scene said that I would now qualify for a carry permit.

Based on your all experiences. Think I’ll get it I got all the application filled out except fingerprints... any advise on what to say for reasoning?

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I had a burglary and assaulted by the burglar pretty bad in 2018. The sherif that came to the scene said that I would now qualify for a carry permit.

Based on your all experiences. Think I’ll get it I got all the application filled out except fingerprints... any advise on what to say for reasoning?

Sucks about your experience.

Two years post incident and you've been fine, that's probably what they'll say as the Price is right losing horn sounds when your app comes under review.

I may be wrong (Probably?)

[YT]9Jz1TjCphXE[/YT]

foyscott

May 12, 2015
    How long is the wait after it has been assigned to the investigator? it was assigned and calls went out to references about a week after submitting, that was alot faster then I was expecting. Is that par for the course or are they actually moving faster?

pleez

Feb 17, 2020
    How long is the wait after it has been assigned to the investigator? it was assigned and calls went out to references about a week after submitting, that was alot faster then I was expecting. Is that par for the course or are they actually moving faster?

My references was contacted early May, first week of May I believe. Then I was contacted about 2 weeks after with my phone interview. My investigator finally called back again early this week to say she was turning in my paper work and I have yet to hear from them. From the last person who received theirs, they said about 3 weeks and 1 day after phone interview to final disposition, and then 6 days till permit in hand. So if that's the time frame, maybe I should be getting my final disposition end of this week or early next week?

roadking

Mar 11, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    My references was contacted early May, first week of May I believe. Then I was contacted about 2 weeks after with my phone interview. My investigator finally called back again early this week to say she was turning in my paper work and I have yet to hear from them. From the last person who received theirs, they said about 3 weeks and 1 day after phone interview to final disposition, and then 6 days till permit in hand. So if that's the time frame, maybe I should be getting my final disposition end of this week or early next week?

Mine was quicker. About 2 weeks from interview to disposition (approval) email.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    I'm finally going to put in for a WCP this year, but it looks like the MSI how-to guide is moved or gone. Anyone have a new pointer to it?

The rest of the links in the first few posts work, I've got the MSP guide and all that, but I like having extra guidance and MSI is excellent for that.

eta: Also, I'll be using the "I was in the OPM hack" justification, is there any recent word on using that to ask for "personal protection" or is that a no-go?

Last edited:

foyscott

May 12, 2015
    Quick question guys, I got a phone call from my investor and he asked me all the Questions from the app so I’d assume that is the phone interview. He said he is passing it to his supervisor and the 90 days starts when he does. Am I missing something?

foyscott

May 12, 2015
    Quick question guys, I got a phone call from my investor and he asked me all the Questions from the app so I’d assume that is the phone interview. He said he is passing it to his supervisor and the 90 days starts when he does. Am I missing something?

pleez

Feb 17, 2020

My investigator called me May 18th, and then called me again saying the report is getting sent in June 1st. I have yet heard back from them about the final disposition. The investigator told me, if I do not hear back from them within 30-days of when they sent it up, to contact them back. I did email them about a "status check up" which they said they have 90 days for applications and since mine was put in on 4/13, I still got to be patient. So from my understanding, it's 90 days from the initial application being sent in.

Compared to everyone else's updates, time frame, and final disposition, seems like mine is taking a lot longer than anyone else. Kind of discouraging but, just a waiting game.

pleez

Feb 17, 2020
    Just got my approval today. Here's my time frame (during COVID and i assume the hardware failure at MSP)

From when i submitted the app on 4/8 - 79 days.
    From when MD State took my payment and said my app started 4/13 - 74 days.
    From when i had my phone interview - 39 days.
    From when my investigator said they will be sending all my paper work up - 25 days.

Took a little longer than most people, but COVID, we are living in weird times. Just happy i got my approval.

RonRJA

Oct 29, 2014
    Anne Arundel County
    I'm going to take the plunge and see if I can get mine... scheduled to do the training this weekend and then slog through the paperwork. Wish me luck.

Im in the same boat. Just finished my training on Thursday and have my application completed online and only need the to get the electromic fingerprints and passport photo done which I have scheduled for Monday at Noon. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom