• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    I am saving to eventually purchase a WWII M1 Carbine. I have 2 questions that I hope someone can answer for me. I am sorry if this was already cover sometime awhile ago.

1) Can I have an M1 Carbine manufactured during WWII sent to me if I have a C&R license?

2) How would I be able to purchase because it comes with 15 round mags? Could I have the mag sent to another state and pick them up from there? Or would it just be better to have the rifle sent to an FFL in another state like PA?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Dan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2008
    1) yes its C&R
    2) don't worry about the mag.
    Tiger Imports just imported some really nice ones from Africa (expensive)

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    Some would argue you purchased the mag in MD, even though you shipped it elsewhere for delivery.

I think correct answer is to buy it without the mag (since you are asking on a public forum) and go to another state to purchase some mags there, where MD law does not apply. Nothing wrong with possessing it.

IANAL.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Don't worry about the mag?

Yea, worry about the mag.
    If you have it shipped to you, they can not ship a mag >10 round capacity.
    Ask the shipper to ship w/o the mag or to block the mag to < 10 round capacity.
    M1 Carbine mags are not that hard for a seller to block.

Now, not all Sellers will ship to a C&R holder (RTI and Classic will of course).
    Not all Sellers will ship w/o the mag (They'd be crazy not to cause they get to keep the mag).
    Don't expect sellers to discount ANYTHING they ship w/o a mag.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    New M1 carbine mags for cheap. Just go buy them out of state. Originals if in used condition and not NIB Generally at least need a new mag spring and or might just be beat to crap. They were treated as disposable when they were issued equipment and are not very thick steel. Get new Korean M1 carbine mags. They are good to go. Most M1 carbine feeding issues are a result of old magazines or crappy magazines. Most of the rest are due to worn out action springs

lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    Thank you all for the replies. I am a little while out from buying, however I am in the budget and education phase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom