• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    It’s all designed to make you give up.
    It's an interesting exercise of power. Here the state AG office and MSP are working lockstep to target law abiding citizens on an almost trivial point, enforcing a vague restriction on a carry permit that they've granted. Where could these resources be redirected to actually fight crime and improve Maryland vs fight her citizens - ones that are actually concerned with not breaking the law? It's similarly galling because in our country, our most basic notion of government is that it derives power and legitimacy from the support/consent of the citizenry - but here we're being shown who has the power (e.g. the LD) and it's not the citizen review board. If they're contesting each and every HPRB repeal of carry restrictions, there is no oversight, just pure arrogance on the part of the LD*. Moreover, it's government willing to invest significant resources to abuse a small group of citizens simply because it can.

*(and, yeah, wait for one of these guys to be reassigned or eventually retire and say that they regret their past actions on the LD, that they were just doing what the AG's office instructed them to do, yadda yadda yadda - an argument of either abject ignorance or worse, suggesting they momentarily lacked principles that they've now regained - I might buy the ignorance assertion from someone involved in the process 5-10 years ago and even just before nearby DC went shall issue or before the HPRB began overturning LD imposed restrictions, but those now involved in challenging HPRB decisions can't claim ignorance - they've chosen a side)

Hogan could help flip this script by installing someone to head the LD that will take a view that a decision to grant someone a carry permit indicates that, you know, the permittee is an upstanding citizen that government has determined the public can trust to act responsibly. But I think he'd rather sit on the couch, eat another Twinkie, and wax on about how much his daddy was like Jeb Bush's daddy. Standing up to Frosh and fighting for small business owners worried about a vague restriction on their carry permits would be too much effort for too little gain. Getting ready for a potential interview with the Wash Post or NY Times, he's probably a minuteman.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Nailed it.

giphy.gif

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Excerpts of that should be for testimony in front of the Board.

15 minutes of speaking is a LONG time. It would be cool if someone put together a full on speech, covering all the BS/lies in one swath.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    If MSP is actually going to Appeal every HPRB decision... If I were a member of that board, I would Vote for everyone to get a permit and everyone to have any other modification approved.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    If MSP is actually going to Appeal every HPRB decision... If I were a member of that board, I would Vote for everyone to get a permit and everyone to have any other modification approved.
    I wonder if the Board is privy to this supposed 100% appeal plan? If I were a member of the board I'd have an issue with that...

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I wonder if the Board is privy to this supposed 100% appeal plan? If I were a member of the board I'd have an issue with that...

They know what is happening , it is all public knowledge and printed here on these pages .
    If the MSP read these threads i am sure others as well read them .:thumbsup:

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Hogan is supposed to be a money saving guy, given this ask him why he is wasting money on an HPRB

The HPRB is the only thing that has been working for Maryland citizens and they are money well spent and a economical way to level the playing field .

Once MSP started having cases reversed that is when they came up with another way to F-with us .

HPRB not the problem

This new scheme is

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    The HPRB is the only thing that has been working for Maryland citizens and they are money well spent and a economical way to level the playing field .

Once MSP started having cases reversed that is when they came up with another way to F-with us .

HPRB not the problem

This new scheme is

I’m quite familiar welder. Looking for any kind of path to freedom I am. 95 South? :)

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I’m quite familiar welder. Looking for any kind of path to freedom I am. 95 South? :)

Freedom we all want and deserve . But i wanted to make sure everyone knew HPRB is our friend ( Most of the time ) and if you are truthful and have a message with your appeal .

The OAH is an unknown at this point , but one has to wonder if "we" will be treated fair by the same state agency (court) as the AG office ,.

Hard to believe there is a different mindset other then the one the state has given so far .

Seems like i should put in for a change of venue :D

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Is the person still on the board that did ccw training yet denied people in the review? White, west? Can a fly rod business still get an unrestricted ccw? Just curious

Eric114

Nov 8, 2017
    Halethorpe MD
    Since I won my appeal this month, from this I assume I can expect MSP to appeal? I was hoping since MSP asked no questions and really put up no fight i was going to be able to exercise my rights. Guess not in the communist union of maryland.

Freedom we all want and deserve . But i wanted to make sure everyone knew HPRB is our friend ( Most of the time ) and if you are truthful and have a message with your appeal .

The OAH is an unknown at this point , but one has to wonder if "we" will be treated fair by the same state agency (court) as the AG office ,.

Hard to believe there is a different mindset other then the one the state has given so far .

Seems like i should put in for a change of venue :D

Not really. These are appointed positions mostly appointed by left wing governors. The current Chief ALJ is an Owe Malley appointee. Chances are good that the majority of them are anti..

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    White has been gone for quite a long time, West for about a year.

Flyrods, spinning rods, baitcasters.....

That’s about the time I did my training ... and gave up reading those threads. Certificate in February so about to expire and for some reason I’m really not bothered. “Beaten down by the man” lol. Good luck all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom