• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Pennsylvania No Longer Honors Utah!!! The PA Attorney General has removed Utah as a state it honors. I do not know the reason why. Sometime earlier today 5/11/14 the PA AG site listing who PA honors was updated. Utah was removed from the list of state PA granted statutory reciprocity without a formal written agreement under 6106(b)(15) and placed it under the heading where PA residents could apply for a permit to carry in Utah. That means they no longer honor Utah. You can see it for yourself Here: http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/crime.aspx?id=184
    Posting this as PA has signed new agreements with Arizona, Virginia and Florida stating they will no longer honor those states Non-Resident permits. Many were getting a Utah permit to continue carrying in PA and now that permit is no longer valid in PA.

www.handgunlaw.us has been updated to show this change in who honors who.
    ETA-running here in the PA forum too. I'll leave mine here unless the mods want to delete it. It's pretty important to know however.

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=152068

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    i thought the new law said that unless you have a PA resident permit, the Utah permit isn't recognized. you have to have one so the other is valid.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    i thought the new law said that unless you have a PA resident permit, the Utah permit isn't recognized. you have to have one so the other is valid.

Up until yesterday, PA still honored the UT NR permit. The part you're refrerring to was for PA residents only. NR were still recognized.

As of yesterday, no longer recognized.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    So is NoVA Liberalism is most certainly a mental disease and it does spread.

That's how McAwful was elected Governor.

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    She's bought and paid for by Bloomberg. I wonder if this is even legal though. Supposedly UT was recognized by statute.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    She's bought and paid for by Bloomberg. I wonder if this is even legal though. Supposedly UT was recognized by statute.
    This was posted in the other thread.

The PA AG has the power to change reciprocity agreements. She did just that. The statute doesn't have to change

I put it here to get a little more exposure

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?p=3190249#post3190249
    What a stupid bitch.

Is any non-resident permit held by a Marylander with no Maryland permit still recognized (for now) by PA?

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    This is not news, either. PA was getting tired of their OWN residents bypassing the PA CCW system and just carrying in PA under a UT non-resident permit.

Just FYI this is no longer possible since to get a UT NR permit as a PA resident one needs to have a PA LTCF first. Also the mckown decision sealed the deal that NO PA resident can carry under another state's LTC.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    It sucks, yes, but let's not be dramatic here. PA is not "turning into MD" just because they don't honor NON-resident permits from Utah.

This is not news, either. PA was getting tired of their OWN residents bypassing the PA CCW system and just carrying in PA under a UT non-resident permit.

Which is BS, anyway. Utah shouldn't have the right to tell a Maryland citizen whether or not they can carry in Pennsylvania. That's a perfectly normal position for PA to take. And if you don't think so, then join the fight for national reciprocity laws.

The largest purveyor was Philadephia. The would yank permits left and right for the smallest infractions. The residents would then go and get a FL or UT permit.

It is all about government control.

"However," open carry is still legal for any non-prohibited person.

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    This was posted in the other thread.

What a stupid bitch.

UT never had an agreement. It was recognized under statute. Yes, there is a determination by the AG but this was already made some time back.

Is any non-resident permit held by a Marylander with no Maryland permit still recognized (for now) by PA?

Texas. But it requires a visit and class in Texas. I'm getting it but I won't be surprised if that goes away too.

PA

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    Please.

It sucks, yes, but let's not be dramatic here. PA is not "turning into MD" just because they don't honor NON-resident permits from Utah.

Actually no UT permit is valid in PA including resident permits.

So anyone from UT wishing to carry has to get a PA LTCF and an increasing number of sheriffs are not taking nonresident applications anymore. The one near me in Pike county stopped doing it last year and put a long diatribe on his website about how he's getting too many apps and he has no jurisdiction to run BG checks out of state.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom