• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bohman

May 20, 2012
    St. Mary's
    For anyone who cares, here is my $.02 on on the situation in Connecticut.

Absolutely nothing will happen. Really, nothing...
    • No confiscation. No SWAT Teams, JBT raids, or even an officer knocking on the door asking for the gun.
    • A few people may register/destroy/remove their weapons, but most people will not.
    The guns will just disappear over time...
    • People who own an unregistered weapon will no longer use them, they won't bring them to the range, etc. The guns will be tucked away in the attic or the basement and rust until they are disposed of years from now.
    • Some will be confiscated during other police activities. For example, during a domestic dispute, the wife will tell police about her spouse's illegal rifle to get him arrested.
    • Some rifles will be found in emergency situations, such as a fire.
    • Key point is anyone caught with an unregistered weapon is now a felon.
    It's just a good back door way to enact total gun control by turning gun owners into felons. If I was a liberal retard, I would be happy as a pig in s**t
    that so many gun owners have refused to comply. It just makes arresting them that much easier. It won't be immediate, but it will succeed in the long run. Since there will be no explosive event, like an attention grabbing raid, gun ownership will go quietly into night.

I would not be surprised to see this tried in more states.
    Rob

This. The last thing they want is a direct confrontation with thousands of gun owners all at the same time. That would lead to immediate failure. They will use the laws on the books to hit gun owners one at a time, as quietly as possible. Each seizure will be tied to some other legal issue, whatever is handy at the time, so that the seizure of the gun will not be the primary issue.

I have no idea what would be the correct way for the people of CT (or us, soon enough) to fight this, other than making as much noise about it as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom