• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    My goal was to force a decision now that the stay is lifted before the 4th has time to rule on the stay motion that is inevitably coming from Gansler. I am not a legal eagle, so maybe I am wrong, but I have a feeling that the 4th granting a stay request is almost a 95% done deal and is pretty much just a paperwork formality. Then we are all right back in the waiting seat once the 4th issues its stay.

You won't be able to force a decision in 14 days. First, the stay is still in effect so they could deny the app right now, technically. In any event, 14 days is a blink of an eye. They can simply ignore you while the stay is in effect and if the stay is lifted after 14 days, their procedures will take time to process any demand. Pushing the Board gets you nothing fast. If the MSP intends to comply with an injunction (as I think they will) then you will get your permit just as fast by simply waiting. Second, I'm not at all sure that you are correct that it is nearly certain that the ca4 will issue as stay. I am not that certain at all. Could happen, but the state has an uphill climb under the applicable standard of review. Wait and see.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    So what is the official date we can apply. Is it 14 business days or 14 straight days?

Governed by Rule 6 Federal Rules of Civil Procedure. Basically, don't count today, count every day thereafter unless the last day is a weekend or legal holiday, and if so, until the end of the next day that is not a weekend day or a legal holiday.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Back in Post#56 Esq refered to a binary universe of people applied before Stay and have been Investagated , and all others who need to apply. There are still large numbers of us who applied preStay , but no further action has yet been taken by MSP. Presumably we are go to go also ?

Broadside

Mar 20, 2012
    Virginia
    Back in Post#56 Esq refered to a binary universe of people applied before Stay and have been Investagated , and all others who need to apply. There are still large numbers of us who applied preStay , but no further action has yet been taken by MSP. Presumably we are go to go also ?

I'm in the same boat you are Biggfoot44. My application was received March 16th, check cashed and notifcation of background check received. Not a peep out of MSP since then. No references called.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Very interesting read... but I'm not 100% convinced we're 100% solid gpong into CA4, or even for getting pending permits processed.

Please correct me if needed, but it seems less that Woollard won the day, than that the State simply failed to convincingly sway the Court.

Yes, Legg seemed to spank the State for clutching at straws... but even though he wrote,

"it did flow naturally from the Supreme Court‟s decisions in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008) and McDonald v. City of Chicago, 130 S. Ct. 3020 (2010), and, perhaps more importantly, from the Fourth Circuit‟s decision in United States v. Masciandaro, 638 F.3d 458 (4th Cir. 2011). These decisions, as the Court noted, left useful “signposts” and provided “a ready guide.”

this seems to leave it open for resolution higher up the ladder.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Very interesting read... but I'm not 100% convinced we're 100% solid gpong into CA4, or even for getting pending permits processed.

Please correct me if needed, but it seems less that Woollard won the day, than that the State simply failed to convincingly sway the Court.

Yes, Legg seemed to spank the State for clutching at straws... but even though he wrote,

this seems to leave it open for resolution higher up the ladder.
    You are right that nothing is ever 100%.

Look at SCOTUS and healthcare.

As Dragline (George Kenendy) said in Cool Hand Luke when someone said it was understood that Luke would peel his own eggs - "when it comes to the law, NOTHING is understood".

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    So do you think Frosh has destroyed his office yet? After digging the phone out of the rubble is calling the Governor now?:lol2:

I Wish, but more than likely he will be putting all that angry energy into creating new legislation limiting our freedoms...

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    The order was dated the 23rd. So wouldn't today, the 24th, count?

(Broadside is doing the happy dance.) :bannana::bannana::bannana:

No, it's the day it was entered onto the docket.

Edit: And I see now that it was entered on 7/23, so you are correct, 7/24 counts.

Last edited:

Mr H

Banana'd
    First, the stay is still in effect so they could deny the app right now, technically.

Harshing my mellow, dude...

:D

Seriously, though... I see light at the end of the tunnel, but is this a point for any concern? I sure hope not.

EDIT... I think Patrick answered my question in the main thread...

No. That would be beyond the pale.

MSP held those apps waiting on this ruling, one way or the other. There is no reason to dump them all now. Not even omalley is that crazy.

I think.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    So do you think Frosh has destroyed his office yet? After digging the phone out of the rubble is calling the Governor now?:lol2:

how can he use the phone when he already wrapped the cord around his neck in a fit of angry depressed rage?

DANCING BANANA TIME!
    :bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana:

Ruzo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 12, 2011
    Phoenix, MD.

My question is what about people like my Brother?? Sent the app, had back round check done, went to the interview and 97 days later, he still hasn't heard a word. At least last time we spoke 2 days ago. So, what's the public opinion on guys who are in this position?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom