• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mwelliott

May 17, 2006
    Columbia
    I just thought I would pop mine in the thread here...

DSCN0948.jpg

Not real tactical.. but fun none the less

Mike

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    My two:

870 Marine Magnum and a Spas-12, plus a standard, non tactical Mossie 500.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      35 KB · Views: 2,426
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      26.6 KB · Views: 2,421

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    Oooohhhh, SPAS-12. Vince if you make it to the next shoot, do you think you might bring it out and let me run a couple rounds through it? :drool:

I bought it from a guy who was moving to New York and his new wife didn't like guns. His loss = my gain. I just wish it had the folding stock.

Funny thing is I never shot it and I'm not sure if he did either. Its pretty much a safe queen at this point. I might break her out on a shoot, Though I'd have to read the manual to figure out how to work all of the switches and what not!

jojo21009

Oct 28, 2007
    Harford County
    SGS.jpg

Which is worse, hearing the pump action or the bolt slamming shut? :D
    I personally think that no matter how stupid the criminal is..... The pump is just that distinctive sound that NO ONE would stick around and question!!!!!!! There is just no other sound like that pump! You gotta love it!!!!!!!!

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    The Mossberg 500 is my low budget closet gun, but I think it'll do the trick, and the wife knows how to use it.

Attachments

• Moss500.JPG
      Moss500.JPG
      25.5 KB · Views: 2,345

Simon Yu

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2007
    Rockville
    The Mossberg 500 is my low budget closet gun, but I think it'll do the trick, and the wife knows how to use it.

Any chance you could get a closer picture of the wood? I don't think I've had the chance to see a Mossberg in wood (all the shops only seemed to have plastic furniture when I was shopping for a shotgun) and it certainly looks more comfortable to hold than the plastic I handled.

ChannelCat

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    One of my buddies (a MD Shooter member-hasn't posted in a LONG time) has one of those AOW's. Bought it from Select Fire. Said it feels like it breaks your hand when it goes off.

That thing looks highly illegal. That barrel definitely looks shorter than 18 inches.

BTW, I use a Remington 870 express with an extended magazine and a combination tactical laser/tactical light as my home defense piece. It's the only firearm of mine that is a tool, and I pray to God that I never have to use that tool. The rest of my firearms, like my boat, are expensive toys. The only difference is that I don't store my boat in a safe! :)

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    Any chance you could get a closer picture of the wood? I don't think I've had the chance to see a Mossberg in wood (all the shops only seemed to have plastic furniture when I was shopping for a shotgun) and it certainly looks more comfortable to hold than the plastic I handled.

Sure. Come to think of it, I haven't seen another with wood either. Its probably old, but its in like new condition.

Here are the wood closeups.

Attachments

• Moss500Wood.JPG
      Moss500Wood.JPG
      30.3 KB · Views: 2,343
    • Moss500Wood (1).JPG
      Moss500Wood (1).JPG
      19.5 KB · Views: 2,332
    • Moss500Wood (2).JPG
      Moss500Wood (2).JPG
      22.3 KB · Views: 2,347

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I have seen a few Mossberg 500As with wood furniture, one at Wal-Mart in Germantown years ago when they still carried real guns.

BTW, here's my shotgun in its current configuration. Standard stock, barrel shroud, and 6-shell sidesaddle. I took this pic for my review of NRA Gun Club for PS2, so my other guns are also here.

2007_0717beach0219.jpg

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    That thing looks highly illegal. That barrel definitely looks shorter than 18 inches.

BTW, I use a Remington 870 express with an extended magazine and a combination tactical laser/tactical light as my home defense piece. It's the only firearm of mine that is a tool, and I pray to God that I never have to use that tool. The rest of my firearms, like my boat, are expensive toys. The only difference is that I don't store my boat in a safe! :)

Yes - WAY less than 18" - totally legal. See posts 17-20 (as I'm too lazy to re-write :))

mdsuave13

Zombie Survival Expert
    Nov 8, 2007
    ellicott city
    wow, some good looking guns in there!

I just hope none of the guys using ar's and ak's have their houses broken into.. because everyone in the neighborhood will feel the repercussion of that one... lol.

I have the remington 870max i also have a savage 12guage side by side with dual triggers. I love that one. both of them are at a nominal (for legality) indoors barrel length of 18"

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    I know this is an old thread but I just want to throw my hat into the ring.
    the first one is my Maverick 88, the second is my remington 870, and the third is my drum fed mossberg 500. I'm hopeing to add a mossberg 500 bullpup.
    lj018.jpg

001.jpg

lj016-1-1.jpg

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    Ok I'll bite...whats up with the carabiner attached to the pistol grip?

It's a trick I learned when I was a breachman, IBA's have a convienent little loop on the shoulder, keep the shotgun attatched to the vest so that if you need to do a mechanical breach with a haligan or sledge, you dont have to drop or sling your shotgun. just let it drop to your chest. its also useful when dealing with POWs as you never want to lose positive control over your weapon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jlng1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom