• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    I'm in love with the stuff. Anyone else use it? I've got my Geelock wrapped in it. And threw some on the stock of my Mossy 500. Anyone else.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    I know stippling is easy but this is easier and works very well. It's customized but can be returned to stock in about 15 seconds.

Sean415

Unrepentant HKholic
    May 28, 2013
    I use 3m grip tape about the same thing but they make a world of difference

Chasbo00

Jun 30, 2012
    Northern VA
    I use it on the back strap of my Smith & Wesson 9mm M&P used for competition as stippling is not allowed by competition rules - works well.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    3M 310 safety tape is by far the best. Most skateboard tape uses bonded minerals for texture AKA sandpaper, and is really rough, grips ok, but the grit is harder than most metals and will scratch surfaces and tear up hands, also tough to change the texture. 310 tape is rough textured vinyl, grips as well as sandpaper, but is softer, so it won't scratch anything harder than vinyl rubber, and you can smooth it with sandpaper, or stipple/groove it with a soldering iron if you want a different texture, it can also be heated and reshaped to better fit complex curves. We used to have rolls of the stuff in the shop for platforms on handicap conversions and bucket or platform trucks, it held up in the weather far better than anything else. It is hard to find outside of pricey 60' rolls, but some hardware and auto parts stores have pre-cut strips of it for steps.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    3M 310 safety tape is by far the best. Most skateboard tape uses bonded minerals for texture AKA sandpaper, and is really rough, grips ok, but the grit is harder than most metals and will scratch surfaces and tear up hands, also tough to change the texture. 310 tape is rough textured vinyl, grips as well as sandpaper, but is softer, so it won't scratch anything harder than vinyl rubber, and you can smooth it with sandpaper, or stipple/groove it with a soldering iron if you want a different texture, it can also be heated and reshaped to better fit complex curves. We used to have rolls of the stuff in the shop for platforms on handicap conversions and bucket or platform trucks, it held up in the weather far better than anything else. It is hard to find outside of pricey 60' rolls, but some hardware and auto parts stores have pre-cut strips of it for steps.

Don't need to add anything to that. Nailed it in one. :thumbsup:

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I used some of the tape that you use for boat treads on the front strap of my 1911. Stayed where I put it and it wasn't too rough on the hands.

Sirex