• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Link?... a little more information? Are you talking about 30 round magazines blocked to 10 rounds?

Q

DoormanTNT

Ultimate Member
    Jul 17, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    I don't see the point....

If I could only, or only wanted 10 sounds I would use a shorter mag. 30's can be a pain bench shooting.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    They seem popular in Canada. Or well, 5/30 there (semiauto rifles are limited to 5 rounds and pistols to 10).

I don’t get it. So long as it reasonably fits out of the mag well, good to go. 10 rounders fit just fine. Anything shorter would probably need to be a blocked 10 round body.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    These longer mags give the shooter the benefit of having more to grab when reloading. Flush-fit mags are great for being shooting, but will be a pain if you want to reload quickly for other shooting activities.

So long as they reliably feed, I don’t see the problem with them. I’d rather buy these for competition and training than the flush 10s.

Then again, I also enjoy trips to PA and VA, but that’s just me :)

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Well, likely targeted at states where it is actually illegal to own the normal capacity mags.

For MD, we aren't there yet, and ways to get them, just have to be out of state and creative. (Ship to UPS in PA, etc)

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    IMHO, if it is just for better grip, I’d rather 10/20s. For an AR-15 at least I find 20 round mags to be the perfect size. Doesn’t get in the way on the bench really ever, or prone and still plenty of grip space and decent capacity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom