• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SteveFinMD

Mar 21, 2012
    Frederick County
    If you want the ammo you have to be there first thing (0630) in the morning. There are ALWAYS the same guys waiting to buy it. They are so paranoid about not having enough ammo that they buy for calibers that they don't even own. They told me that they will trade it for something they can use or resell it. One guy was stopping people who were too late in the parking lot and offering to sell him the ammo he just got! I have waited there in the morning several times and the employees that I dealt with were straight up and fair. It is the shooters who are screwing the rest of us.

MDlocal

Jan 11, 2013
    Frederick
    If you want the ammo you have to be there first thing (0630) in the morning. There are ALWAYS the same guys waiting to buy it. They are so paranoid about not having enough ammo that they buy for calibers that they don't even own. They told me that they will trade it for something they can use or resell it. One guy was stopping people who were too late in the parking lot and offering to sell him the ammo he just got! I have waited there in the morning several times and the employees that I dealt with were straight up and fair. It is the shooters who are screwing the rest of us.
    That's weird. I've had a couple employes tell me those guys don't show up anymore.

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    If you want the ammo you have to be there first thing (0630) in the morning....

... One guy was stopping people who were too late in the parking lot and offering to sell him the ammo he just got! ....

What days of the week?

I'd even pay the person a reasonable profit if I could just find out who/where.

Meanwhile, I'll pay the shipping on 3-5 boxes at a time when I can find it through gunbot, ammoseek, or whatever it is...

Where do trainers typically get their ammo from? Do they go online also, or work a deal with a local gun shop?

SteveFinMD

Mar 21, 2012
    Frederick County
    What days of the week?

No day in particular. I would stop in whenever I was in the area early in the morning. Some of those guys were shift workers who went there as soon as they got off work. I was able to get all the ammo I anticipate needing until this "crisis" blows over so I haven't there in a couple of weeks. I did get a flyer from Natchez yesterday and they had ammo in stock and on sale.

MDlocal

Jan 11, 2013
    Frederick
    Update as of 4:30...

24 boxes of the Tula 7.62x39 left

Attachments

• photo (10).jpg
      photo (10).jpg
      63.4 KB · Views: 247

MDlocal

Jan 11, 2013
    Frederick
    Did you happen to notice if they have any TulAmmo .308
    They didn't have any at 4:30 when I was there. I would've been more interested in .308 than the 7.62. The boxes in the pic i posted was the only stuff in stock besides the usual hunting rounds they always have.

mancheechee

Daily Trigger
    Jul 22, 2010
    Frederick
    as of this morning, Sunda 18th, 7am:
    I couldn't stick around due to time constraints, but they were just checking them in.

pdx1 45acp 1 case (multiple packs...not sure how many)
    12ga and 20 ga 10 case each
    1 small case of 556...about 10packs of what looked like mil grade
    1 case 7.62
    1 case of 17 hmr

Good luck guys. I'm bummed I missed out on this one when the truck came in.
    but it seemed like there were two others there before me...I think they got the heads up from one of the stocking/warehouse crew probably.

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    when was the last time there was any 9mm ? I looked back into the thread and either missed or didnt' see one

Pretty sure you have to get a job at Walmart working in the sporting goods dept to get a shot at any 9mm.

Rimfire

May 20, 2013
    Fred Co.
    Pretty sure you have to get a job at Walmart working in the sporting goods dept to get a shot at any 9mm.

I had luck a few times at the monocacy Walmart for 9mm, usually evenings (7-8ish). Rarely see a thing at guilford tho, I've quit looking there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom