Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > National 2A Issues
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old February 19th, 2019, 01:12 PM #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemmdus View Post
Here in the Democratic People's Republic of Maryland, very little can be done outright. However, here are several ideas I have brought up before and that I am doing. 1) Register as a Democrat and vote against the incumbent in the primary. Many times these grabbers get renominated by a slight margin. When they lose write and tell them it was their stance on guns Also, when you write them they will find out if you are Democrat or not and will respond if you are and ignore if you are not. 2) Support MSI and all legal challenges to MD laws in the courts, that is the only way we will win anything here right now. 3) Take someone shooting, your kids or a friend. You don't have to be a hunter to enjoy the sport of shooting. Education and experience and memories will help. My son and I stop for lunch on the way out and a treat on our way back.

Anything and everything people can do to protect our 2nd Amendment right should be supported.
I was talking about this in HBAR law thread. We need to a better job of creating new 2A supporters, attempt to win over those who are mildly 2A, and go after these gun grabber's seats. The gun grabbers will only get more emboldened unless they feel like they will lose their office.
OverTheTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2019, 04:32 PM #72
Crank in the Third Row

Crank in the Third Row

California's gun seizure program hits hurdles
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cal...m-hits-hurdles
Quote:
close
California's gun seizure program hits hurdles

Authorities in California are struggling to enforce a state law that permits officials to seize firearms from people with previous criminal convictions or mental health issues – running into staffing and budgetary issues that have contributed to a massive backlog of guns marked for confiscation.

The law, which was passed in 2013 following the shooting at Connecticut’s Sandy Hook elementary school and set aside $24 million for seizure programs, had a goal of confiscating around 20,000 guns over three years. But six years later, according to a San Francisco Chronicle report, there are still roughly 9,000 of those guns out there, with more being added to the list yearly...
Talk about a high pressure, low pay job!

Dark to Light; sheep no more. WWG1WGA WWNC
#MorePatriotsThanHandcuffs
BeoBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2019, 04:59 PM #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemmdus View Post
Here in the Democratic People's Republic of Maryland, very little can be done outright. However, here are several ideas I have brought up before and that I am doing. 1) Register as a Democrat and vote against the incumbent in the primary. Many times these grabbers get renominated by a slight margin. When they lose write and tell them it was their stance on guns Also, when you write them they will find out if you are Democrat or not and will respon d if you are and ignore if you are not. 2) Support MSI and all legal challenges to MD laws in the courts, that is the only way we will win anything here right now. 3) Take someone shooting, your kids or a friend. You don't have to be a hunter to enjoy the sport of shooting. Education and experience and memories will help. My son and I stop for lunch on the way out and a treat on our way back.

Anything and everything people can do to protect our 2nd Amendment right should be supported.
Like these ideas. I might try the Dem primary effort. 2 and 3 are a given!
Odarlin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2019, 05:11 PM #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by eruby View Post
Dear Mr. Hoyer,

Please consider killing your self.

Best!

eruby
Tell us how you really feel!
Odarlin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2019, 08:06 PM #75
HVAC Expert

HVAC Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by eruby View Post
Dear Mr. Hoyer,

Please consider killing your self.

Best!

eruby
Jamacians would say you are a rude boy.

Thus, the only inquiry that this Court should conduct is to determine whether the firearms prohibited by the Act are protected by the Second Amendment. Because they are, the Act is simply unconstitutional.
Mark75H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2019, 07:40 PM #76
Insurrectionist

Insurrectionist

The 2A became a “regulated privilege” in 1934.
Sling Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2019, 09:09 PM #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by paxfish View Post
We gotta be careful about how we tie that stuff together, otherwise we are no better than the opposition. They constantly tie together unrelated data to drive their agenda.

2013: 235 murders. (FSA in October)
2014: 211 murders
2015: 344 murders. (Freddie Gray riots in April)

The reality is that there is little if any impact of the 2013 legislation on the Baltimore murder rate.
Somewhat True. It is incarceration rate movement nationally and regionally that correlates and in fact is causal on violent crime rates. DC had 2,5000 people locked up five years ago and 1,500 today. This is exactly the pool of both murder perps and murder victims.

Relaxed gun laws DO correlate to less crime when you do full controls for data and demographics, but given how many less people were incarcerated in Baltimore 2015 than prior years -- that overrides. A lot more more felons released onto the streets will override any benefit of realaxed gun control.

And it was not only Baltimore gun homicide that went up, there were more knife and beating murders too.

Last edited by rascal; February 21st, 2019 at 11:10 PM.
rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2019, 07:48 AM #78
Confederate Jew

Confederate Jew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark75H View Post
Jamacians would say you are a rude boy.
I said 'please'.
Old February 21st, 2019, 11:05 PM #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by mawkie View Post
My politically savvy father taught me all about this when I was registering to vote for the first time. While our family was conservative we lived in a very Blue Dog Democrat part of SW PA. My father ran for office as a Republican the first and only time to defeat. We learned that as a Republican in a heavily Democrat district you were an outsider with no voice or power. So I've been a DINO all my adult life. Has served me well for the 30 plus years I've lived in MD. Gives me some semblance of political power during primaries by being able to choose the lesser of two evils. And you get a little more juice when writing to a Democrat politician.
It is a complicated issue. Best strategies and expectations should differ you live in a "safe" red, "safe" blue", purple or transitioning district.

For example people who live in a >20 red PVI ( https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped..._Districts.png ) should not be whining about people voting for Susan Collins in Maine or going ballistic about some of he positions when she is relatively a net positive, and the alternative is a Democrat in the pocket of Bloomberg. Collins voted to confirm Kavanaugh in a very close vote, her being in office means the GOP controls the agenda of all the Senate committees, etc.

In your case if you register as a Dem, you get to vote in the only election that matters: the Democratic primary. There may be very sharp differences between two democrat contenders a half dozen issues important to you from school policy, tax policy, development in your area, criminal justice and policing. Once politics gets local it goes beyond abstract and the effects can be direct and practical even between two Democrats. You then can still of course vote GOP in the general election. That is what I do in DC.
rascal is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > National 2A Issues