Anyone ever check out the pheasant/Qauil farms in MD?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • midlifecrisis

Jan 21, 2018
    Just looking at a few of the quail and pheasant outfitters around and thinking it might be fun to check them out. Didn't know if anyone had any experience with them.

Biggest issue I have is all my hunting buddies live in FL so until I get my kids big enough to hold a shotgun bird hunting gets lonely and expensive!

Enfield303

Feb 12, 2011
    Harford County
    Give Hopewell Pheasantry in Felton, Pennsylvania a look. I have been there about a dozen times over the years and they have good guides and good dogs. They are in York County east of Loganville, a little less than an hour from Bel Air. I have taken a couple of first timers there and they have always been patient and helpful. Their number is (717) 993-6393. If you book an afternoon hunt, stop at Taylor Haus in Stewartstown for lunch. If you get the open face roast turkey sandwich and mashed potatoes for lunch you'll probably need a quick nap when you get to Hopewell. You also go right past Naylor Wine Cellars if that sort of things interests you. It is one of the oldest wineries around and another friendly place.

MDRifles

Mar 9, 2017
    Anybody know of any places in VA have a family trip scheduled in the spring wanted to stop by somewhere and do some hunting

RwWilly

Jan 1, 2013
    Harford, Kingsville
    Kill it eat it! Or wear it!
    At Native Shores they will pluck and dress your birds. They give you the whole bird bagged individually. So if you want breasts you do it at home. Bring a cooler for your kill and buy ice for the ride home.

94hokie

Mar 29, 2015
    Severna Park, MD
    We don't always "hunt" quail, pheasant, and chukar, but when we do, we hunt with Hopkins.

http://www.hopkinshunting-clays.com/

Have not had a bad experience there yet. I have a little video of a hunt from 13 years ago where I took my puppy with us. Just have no idea how to upload it to the internet.

Hopkins has shut down their released bird hunts. They are going to just do tower shoots starting next fall

STeveZ

Thank you, Abelard
    Sep 22, 2011
    Aberdeen, MD
    We don't always "hunt" quail, pheasant, and chukar, but when we do, we hunt with Hopkins.

I think Hopkins got out of the upland bird hunting business a year or two ago. Schraders is in that same neck of the woods. Last year we did a morning pheasant hunt, lunch, then afternoon 5-stand.

EDIT: Oops, dupe re: Hopkins noted :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom