• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    The remnants of a significant amount of edged trauma....yeah there's more but I'd have to expose more of myself than you all want to see...getting cut sucks. My advice is if you're going to get into a knife fight, take a gun.

Wish I could find the pictures. I took a chainsaw to my left knee cap 5 years ago at work.

Due to carelessness on my part and a wet hill while cutting saplings, I slipped while holding the saw and it found my knee. Luckily it was revving down.

The chain went directly in between the sockets of both bones and only took meat. The doctor called it a miracle that it didn't go just a bit deeper or either direction up or down.

The next 8 weeks in an immobilizer cast, then 6 weeks of physical therapy really sucked.

I too have dealt with a significant flesh would and it is no fun. Hurts way more the next few days.

cb51

Even better, anyone who thinks they are going to carry a knife for defense, should watch the video of Michael Janich where he covers the pork roast with layers of plastic wrap to simulate flesh, and then slashes it with a box cutter. The gapping wounds are enlightening as to how easy a sharp blade goes through skin and mussel with almost no effort.

billymx48

Jun 20, 2015
    Knife is a good last resort if ur down and getting assaulted or if ur gun is pinned to the ground and that's the last ditch effort to get space draw and neutralize the threat. I try to always on my person for everything but self defense but if need be ill use it. There is a pretty recent case as a wv state trooper had to use his pocket knife to stop an assault on him long enough in a creek bed to roll off his gun and stop the threat. Soooo....

parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    Fun little laceration I suffered last year. I got a little careless with a 4 1-2" grinder

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      40.9 KB · Views: 360

cb51

Knife is a good last resort if ur down and getting assaulted or if ur gun is pinned to the ground and that's the last ditch effort to get space draw and neutralize the threat. I try to always on my person for everything but self defense but if need be ill use it. There is a pretty recent case as a wv state trooper had to use his pocket knife to stop an assault on him long enough in a creek bed to roll off his gun and stop the threat. Soooo....

Horse hockey!

Too many people never learned to fight and they think some silly 4 inch blade folding knife clipped to the pocket is going to help overcome Goliath. Way faster than reaching and fumbling open a knife that you may not be able to get to, or open while pinned, let alone use, is not near as fast or effective as a thumb through an eye socket, a knuckle into a mastoid gland, or a back fist into the family jewels. If it comes down to that stage of the game, then it time for filthy dirty back alley cat fighting with no holds bared. Get the thumb into his cheek and rip the thing open, he'll loose interest in you fast enough.

God gave you all kinds of weapons to use; fingers, forehead, elbows, knees, teeth, and most of all, a brain. Relying on a knife is a crutch, and it's a crutch that can lead to way bigger problems than you are ready for. In everyday life we're surrounded by weapons that 99.9% of the people don't recognize as being effective. Next time you're sitting in a diner or coffee shop, just look around you. That salt shaker in a fist makes a great hammer. The butter knife at Panera Bread can go through a throat. A beer pitcher can break a skull. A pool ball in a bandana will take teeth out. And if you use what the good lord gave you right, you won't even need them. The human body is a real botched engineering job, with no redundancy and a delicate nervous system, poor skeletal structure and a very thin skin that rips easy. You don't need a knife to inflict crippling damage if you really mean it.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    parttimer- that's a heck of a wound, looks like your only going to have a painful memory and a scar shaped like an 'L' to remind you which hand is your 'L'eft.

cb51- I agree with the 'use your brain' sentiment; but I also believe in much of what Michael Janice preaches. A pocket knife is a very handy, everyday tool; that can (for some) be used as a last ditch weapon to get away from a violent person, in some situations. I realized I had virtually no 'knife training', so at the urging of some fellow's that have spent much of their lives in harms way (mostly in uniform, or behind badges); I took a few recommended courses and now have a greater respect for the application and limitations of this tool.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    I learned the danger of making pickles without proper tactical training. Forgot to use the safety on a mandolin....I circumcised my finger all the through my nail almost to the bone. Talk about a mess.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    This machete attack was on an MMA fighter. Five perps attacked him with clubs and knives, and a machete, he barely made it, because of fast action to stop the bleeding from his arteries.

He also suffered a cut tendon in his leg.

hamburg_3.0.jpg

'Tis but a flesh wound

Minuteman

BANNED!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads