• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Well, hopefully we'll get an update or two once Rack gets off probation.
    Looks like a Noelle pros can be expunged immediately if a release and waiver are signed, otherwise after 3 years. I wonder what that waiver & release looks like? My money is on Rack not signing off on any of this crap.

From a law website:
    A nolle prosequi can be expunged in Maryland immediately. However, a General Waiver and Release must be filed, if not, then the Nolle Prosequi cannot be expunged for 3 years.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    Also consider that by their politically driven, arbitrary actions they also affected your personal records from now on.
    What question is on every application for a job, security clearances, carry application etc?

" HAVE YOU EVER BEEN ARRESTED?" The instant affect that has on anyone
    considering you for any position is negative. Even if your specs are similar or even superior to another's they will often pick the other applicant without an arrest record,just to avoid having to justify it to their own superiors. The stigma attached to being arrested is real and a person's best efforts to explain it away with facts is tedious . Hopefully someone who's seen how conservative minded are treated by Dem/Leftist politically controlled agencys and still feels personal honor has a place here would be the one's
    to review the application. In Maryland nothing is ever really expunged from our records. The right stroke on the right keyboard will make it appear. There isn't even a penalty for failing to carry out a lawful expungment. Hopefully your successful pursuit of fair and equal treatment and serious punitive damages will also nullify the arrests completely.
    "Endeavor to Perservere " and Thank You very much for carrying this heavy torch for all of us. Hopefully you will get more than just vocal support from the many people who stand to benefit from your hard work .
    Highest Regards, Supervel
    The question is "Have you ever been convicted". Big difference. I was once arrested for three felonies and two misdemeanors but the charges were dropped so I was never convicted. I have an above Top Secret clearance today. It hasn't affected me at all.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    The question is "Have you ever been convicted". Big difference. I was once arrested for three felonies and two misdemeanors but the charges were dropped so I was never convicted. I have an above Top Secret clearance today. It hasn't affected me at all.

Not necessarily. My pension clearly states that I lose my pension and my wife loses her portion of my pension if I am arrested. Not convicted.

If the charges are dropped, I'd probably be okay, but with my luck, I can't take a chance.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I think anyone in the Patriot Picket group would ever ask anyone to put that much on the line . We all have different levels of pain , when I am there walking the rally/picket line I know I have people covering my six as well as me looking over things as well .

I think anybody that would even assume a family man could put that much at risk . The MCP bank and work off fear and that very thing they hope to have you move one inch at a time , they also hope to reduce and scare people away .

Mendicant

Aug 11, 2015
    Baltimore/Silver Spring
    Once again, the State doubles down. Notice how the Officers' name and Agency doesn't appear. This is truly an intimidation factor...
    Nice thing is, it just ups the 1983 payout!!!!!!

giphy.gif

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    The only thing that intimidated me there was the gentleman directly in front of me pushing the young man in the wheelchair.
    If I had half the courage and life experience as that guy I may be something one day.

It certainly isn't going to be a diatribe by a Patrick Henry wanna be or about someone else who couldn't make it or the cops posted around the area trying to be tough looking. They wouldn't have slapped cuffs on somebody if they showed up shit faced drunk.
    They were there for our Safety and did a good job monitoring traffic.
    . There's people around my way talking about what went down there and never heard of this forumn. That's the real intimidation.

The only thing that intimidated me there was the gentleman directly in front of me pushing the young man in the wheelchair.
    If I had half the courage and life experience as that guy I may be something one day.

It certainly isn't going to be a diatribe by a Patrick Henry wanna be or about someone else who couldn't make it or the cops posted around the area trying to be tough looking. They wouldn't have slapped cuffs on somebody if they showed up shit faced drunk.
    . There's people around my way talking about what went down there and never heard of this forumn. That's the real intimidation.

Doco meet Welder516. Welder516, this is Doco Overboard.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker

Thank You DocoOverboard , At the next PP event stop me and say hello . Wheelwelder loves hanging out with his Dad doing things , he is already telling me about next Monday MTFU .

Doco meet Welder516. Welder516, this is Doco Overboard.

SG , Thanks for my son's handle i told him his new name and he chuckled and Mom thought it was cool for him to have his own MDS handle .

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Looks like a Noelle pros can be expunged immediately if a release and waiver are signed, otherwise after 3 years. I wonder what that waiver & release looks like? My money is on Rack not signing off on any of this crap.

From a law website:
    A nolle prosequi can be expunged in Maryland immediately. However, a General Waiver and Release must be filed, if not, then the Nolle Prosequi cannot be expunged for 3 years.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Also Nolle Prose is not an acquittal or dismissal.

If charges are not expunged within those three years, Maryland can reactivate those charges IIRC.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I'm pretty sure you're describing a Stet. Nolle prosqui is when they chose to not prosecute/dropped charges.
    IANAL

Exactly, the DA chose not to prosecute "at this point in time". That doesn't mean they can't change their mind later.

If charged for something else down the road, within 3 years. These charges can be piled on, in addition to the new something else charges.

That is probably the reason why the waiver is required. To explain "what can happen".

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Also consider that by their politically driven, arbitrary actions they also affected your personal records from now on.
    What question is on every application for a job, security clearances, carry application etc?

" HAVE YOU EVER BEEN ARRESTED?" The instant affect that has on anyone
    considering you for any position is negative. Even if your specs are similar or even superior to another's they will often pick the other applicant without an arrest record,just to avoid having to justify it to their own superiors. The stigma attached to being arrested is real and a person's best efforts to explain it away with facts is tedious . Hopefully someone who's seen how conservative minded are treated by Dem/Leftist politically controlled agencys and still feels personal honor has a place here would be the one's
    to review the application. In Maryland nothing is ever really expunged from our records. The right stroke on the right keyboard will make it appear. There isn't even a penalty for failing to carry out a lawful expungment. Hopefully your successful pursuit of fair and equal treatment and serious punitive damages will also nullify the arrests completely.
    "Endeavor to Perservere " and Thank You very much for carrying this heavy torch for all of us. Hopefully you will get more than just vocal support from the many people who stand to benefit from your hard work .
    Highest Regards, Supervel
    Whether it is expunged or not, from the night of February 5th on forward until the day each dies, Rack&Roll and Deep Lurker may well have to truthfully answer "YES" to this question, and bear the burden of providing an explanation, and the uncertainty of wondering if each and every explanation they provide is believed. There is an old expression, you cannot unring a bell. That applies in this situation.

Not necessarily. My pension clearly states that I lose my pension and my wife loses her portion of my pension if I am arrested. Not convicted.

If the charges are dropped, I'd probably be okay, but with my luck, I can't take a chance.

Nolle Prose is not an acquittal or dismissal, and these happen all the time, often in the case of a defendant taking a plea deal. Defendant agrees to take a hit on one or more charges, and other charges are Nolle Prose'd. It is not an indication of innocence.

In order to aid Rack and Deep's bearing the burden of their arrests not only that night, but for the remainder of their lives, the state needs to support them with more than a Nolle Prose. A significant monetary judgment is needed to do several things:

1. compensate them for the suffering they endured that night due to the false arrest and infringement of their 1A rights;
    2. compensate them for the burden they shall bear, for the rest of their lives, of explaining to others that their arrests were wrongful;
    3. compensate them for the reality that, even after those explanations, in some cases they will not be believed and they will lose out on opportunities they would gotten had they never been arrested;
    4. compensate them for the stigma of being arrestees;
    5. show the sincerity of the state's apology in a way that a Nolle Prose simply does not do; and,
    6. deter the state from infringing the rights of others going forward.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I may have recruited a extra Patriot for Monday , a business owner i do work for . He is fed up with the Government hacks and said he would love to bring his son as well to learn about our rights .

One a separate note i also talked to him about getting a Maryland Permit .

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Whether it is expunged or not, from the night of February 5th on forward until the day each dies, Rack&Roll and Deep Lurker may well have to truthfully answer "YES" to this question, and bear the burden of providing an explanation, and the uncertainty of wondering if each and every explanation they provide is believed. There is an old expression, you cannot unring a bell. That applies in this situation.

Nolle Prose is not an acquittal or dismissal, and these happen all the time, often in the case of a defendant taking a plea deal. Defendant agrees to take a hit on one or more charges, and other charges are Nolle Prose'd. It is not an indication of innocence.

In order to aid Rack and Deep's bearing the burden of their arrests not only that night, but for the remainder of their lives, the state needs to support them with more than a Nolle Prose. A significant monetary judgment is needed to do several things:

1. compensate them for the suffering they endured that night due to the false arrest and infringement of their 1A rights;
    2. compensate them for the burden they shall bear, for the rest of their lives, of explaining to others that their arrests were wrongful;
    3. compensate them for the reality that, even after those explanations, in some cases they will not be believed and they will lose out on opportunities they would gotten had they never been arrested;
    4. compensate them for the stigma of being arrestees;
    5. show the sincerity of the state's apology in a way that a Nolle Prose simply does not do; and,
    6. deter the state from infringing the rights of others going forward.

Here's the way it works for Federal BIs, SBIs and SSBIs:

If you tell the investigator that an arrest (or other bad thing tm) happened, the reason and the disposition, it will be noted and probably won't affect the subsequent access. If the investigator discovers it and you haven't told them, it's over; you're done. You'd be surprised what I've seen forgiven by adjudicators... :innocent0

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I swore the oath when I was 16 years old and just hired at the usda as a GS-1.

Dang, I thought I was young when I started in the civil service at barely 21. Then again, maybe a different decade? I have coworkers who started at 16-18, but that was also 30-40 years ago, not the 15 ago I did.

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    Here's the way it works for Federal BIs, SBIs and SSBIs:

If you tell the investigator that an arrest (or other bad thing tm) happened, the reason and the disposition, it will be noted and probably won't affect the subsequent access. If the investigator discovers it and you haven't told them, it's over; you're done. You'd be surprised what I've seen forgiven by adjudicators... :innocent0

Fundamentally, you better tell them the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth because it only gets worse if they hook you up to a machine and ask the same questions...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom