Need blanks for Veteran's Day event. Help!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ofitzer

Nov 3, 2018
    New member here, long time shooter. I was asked to help out with a 3-volley salute for the Veterans' Day event. But I only have live ammo. Any leads where I can get either 5.56 or 30-06 blanks? Need about 20-30 of them by Saturday. Chantilly show is 2 weeks away, so that's a no-go. Any shops that stock blanks?
    Thank you all.

ofitzer

Nov 3, 2018
    I only got one M1A, so 308 would not work. I am going to have 5 other people firing. Have enough 5.56 and 30-06 between us, but not enough 308. So it's the blanks in these two calibers that I need. Thank you for the help/offer!

ofitzer

Nov 3, 2018
    Thank you. Their website says that they have a selection of blanks, but the link to stock on hand doesn't work. I will definitely be calling them on Tuesday when they re-open!

Red1917

Apr 13, 2017
    Anne Arundel County
    Where are you located? I have a bunch of 5.56 blanks for my can cannon if all else fails. If someone can ship quick you can get them online as well

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    You COULD fire .308 blanks in a .30-06.

Heck, people have fired live .308 in a .30-06 without problems. NO RECOMMENDED to do so.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    I have some German 5.56 blanks. Don't work in the can cannon. Can pickup near 2A in Jessup.

Chauchat

Jan 16, 2014
    In the free States
    New member here, long time shooter. I was asked to help out with a 3-volley salute for the Veterans' Day event. But I only have live ammo. Any leads where I can get either 5.56 or 30-06 blanks? Need about 20-30 of them by Saturday. Chantilly show is 2 weeks away, so that's a no-go. Any shops that stock blanks?
    Thank you all.

I think I have a few M1909 down in the tunnel complex at shaft 8, level 7, room 23. I will check tomorrow (Tuesday). I'll shoot you a pm if I find them.

How many do you need semi-exactly?

Chauchat

edit: Found some.

Last edited:

ofitzer

Nov 3, 2018
    I have a few of the Austrian 308 blanks and they would not chamber in either 1903 or garand (bolts not closing). Ran one through a 30-06 sizing die, and now they chamber too deep and do not extract.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Said you needed 20-30? If doing a veterans day event, can have a 30rd box for free.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I could have sent you a box of 20 we use the M-1 Garand for our memorials etc for the American legion, but I doubt it would get there in time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom