• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Calengor

wishes he were spike
    Apr 13, 2009
    Frederick, MD
    Just venting some frustration / impatience at the fact that I bought a handgun a week ago and was told today (over the phone) that if I haven't been called the paperwork hasn't come back from MDSP yet.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    possibly because it's my first purchase ever (and it's MD, AND it's regulated, AND I just got my MD license 2 weeks ago)

Hm... in PA I bought a fishing license with a Temporary DL and bought a Vz.24 Mauser with it too.

You can always remind the shop that the law says 8 days, and if you are disapproved BEFORE the 8 days, it's the responsibility of the MSP to notify the transferror/seller.

Calengor

wishes he were spike
    Apr 13, 2009
    Frederick, MD
    Hm... in PA I bought a fishing license with a Temporary DL and bought a Vz.24 Mauser with it too.

You can always remind the shop that the law says 8 days, and if you are disapproved BEFORE the 8 days, it's the responsibility of the MSP to notify the transferror/seller.

If I don't hear back by wednesday (10th or 11th day, depending on who you ask) I will make a point of telling them, not that I think the employees at Gander Mountain will change their mind or anything. It's probably store policy.

Johnthetoolguy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2009
    Pasadena
    I think you have to consider the times we are in right now. We all know that gun purchases are at a record high. Here lately, it's not uncommon to walk into a shop and see more guns that are sold, than not sold. This is really true with 'black guns'.

Calengor

wishes he were spike
    Apr 13, 2009
    Frederick, MD
    Once you get it then comes the more frustrating part. Finding Ammo! If you see it some where stock up.

to make it more aggravating, I want to go and start buying things like ammo and cleaning kit, etc. right away, but the other half of me says "ok, what if for whatever reason you don't get approved? then what are you going to do with that stuff, ammo is non returnable (from what i've seen)"

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    waiting period

I'm not a lawyer but my understanding of the Md. waiting period is 8 working days after the app. has been faxed. If there has been no response after those 8 working days the gun shop is no longer obligated to hold the pistol and it can be transferred to you. most dealers wait for approval anyway.www.nraila.org/statelawspdfsMDSL.pdf

jkb21921

Oct 2, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I'm on day 10 after filling out my paperwork. Been almost 3 weeks since I won the auction on Gunbroker. I was able to get the ammo for my.45

Calengor

wishes he were spike
    Apr 13, 2009
    Frederick, MD
    The wait is 8 working days Check with your FFL

MSP.jpg

I think this disagrees with 8 working days...

Mossyoak

Never enough
    Jan 5, 2009
    Ceciltucky
    I may be wrong be it seems the big box stores take little longer to process the paperwork and they say the same thing, dont call us will call you.

I bought a regulated gun from GC 2 weeks ago and picked it up on the 8th day no problems.

Calengor

wishes he were spike
    Apr 13, 2009
    Frederick, MD
    I may be wrong be it seems the big box stores take little longer to process the paperwork and they say the same thing, dont call us will call you.

I bought a regulated gun from GC 2 weeks ago and picked it up on the 8th day no problems.

Gander Mnt. probably mailed it using something like 3rd class mail... I wish I had asked how they send the stuff in. From what I've seen on this site in other threads, dan at GC seems to fax the forms in.

/Pony Express FTW?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom