• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    If anyone is looking for a good example of a shooter German K98k rifle, Brian at South Carroll Sporting Goods has several nice Romanian Captured K98k’s and a very nice Swiss K31 for fair prices.

The Romanian Captured K98k’s have mostly matching serial numbers and don’t look like trash compared to most other ones I’ve seen.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    haha,
    I won't even link it but Classic has Mosin PU snipers. The catch is the scopes are repros. Who knows what they are built upon also, maybe not even a good x sniper or ones with ratty bores.
    Perfect thing to fool the uneducated gun show buyer.

So glad I didn't second guess myself when I got mine from AIM years ago for under 6 bills. Worth every penny with a near mint bore.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I am a bit wishing I had gotten one a couple of years ago when they were still under $200 for a nice example. But it would just be one more gun I’d need to decide to get rid of or keep with my wife making me downsize.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Just posting this to warn people to look closely before buying:
    http://www.royaltigerimports.com/category-s/1845.htm

IF any of you remember a few years ago, Royal was the ones that sold the Albanian Chinese SKS rifles for $200 with broken/cracked stocks. (Mine was easily repaired).
    Just make sure you notice the Mosin Snipers have repro scopes on them.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member

IF any of you remember a few years ago, Royal was the ones that sold the Albanian Chinese SKS rifles for $200 with broken/cracked stocks. (Mine was easily repaired).

Total shyster move if you ask me (as is asking $399 for an “ex-dragoon”).

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    As is most of their stuff. My Cz82 was a bit worse off than their description implied. Not the end of the world, mechanically it was just fine other than a rough mag release (which many of them have) that was easy to correct and not really an “issue”.

But Classic does seem to have a reputation for over stating how nice their stuff is. My Cz50 is not from Classic, but real nice shooter. Very accurate, low recoil, nice trigger. Overall a joy of a gun and fairly cheap to feed (Geco .32acp can be found for under $10 a box. Which isn’t 9mm Para cheap, but close).

why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    Anyone see ROMY SKS prices at Allan’s armory? $700-$900+. ??!!
    deca80d4e34d97a3cc95c9491a3c409c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine

How does one identify a repro scope?

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    How does one identify a repro scope?

In this case, it says so. I have seen one Repro scope at a gun show. It was really obvious cause the scope looked nearly new. The screws on the scope turrets were flat and not domed like mine was which tipped me off. When I asked the dealer, he came clean that it was a repro without me asking.

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Units they've changed policy, AIM will often say in the ad (I can't check it directly at the moment) that they will ship to X, Y, or Z states without mags. Great price, even if they're cosmetically banged up a bit.

If click the zip code check, it said they could not ship to me because of the mag restrictions. I did find a place where they say they will ship to restricted mag zips without the mag.
    I can't find in my account if they have my current C&R so I emailed another one. We'll see what happens.

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I just got an email telling me that I left something in my cart and they wanted me to finish the transaction. OK, so I go to checkout and when I get to the "select FFL", I drop down the list and my address is there. I finished the transaction and I got an order number. We'll see what happens Monday when they show up for work.

By the way, they are collecting MD sales tax now.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Me too. Not that I NEED another CZ82, but it's a new year, I have a new Cabela's card with a zero balance, and a C&R that about to expire. I have to do my part for the economy you know.

I wish I could. Man I love my 82. Wife will divorce me if I get another gun right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom