• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MunkMaster

Aug 9, 2013
    Eastern Shore
    This only pertains to the Susquehanna flats but If they take that where do they stop? Call your representative and tell them to vote against this. I shouldn't have to say this but I do not condone violance or ill will towards our elected officals. Choose your words carefully and tactfully.

Here is the bill

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210210-151641~2.jpg
      Screenshot_20210210-151641~2.jpg
      75.2 KB · Views: 934

dannyp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 30, 2018
    i thought it was already like that , no layout boats on the flats .

MunkMaster

Aug 9, 2013
    Eastern Shore
    i thought it was already like that , no layout boats on the flats .

This is from any boat. I'm going to edit the post. It only pertains to the susquehanna flats area but if they take that where do they stop? Can you only hunt from land or a lottery for a public blind?

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Mary Ann Lisanti needs to focus more on not being a racist and less on hunting laws

See her reference to PG County last year which she somehow survived (probably cause shes a Dem)

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    Thank God! Finally. I've been sleepless over this issue for years. We are so blessed our representatives are tackling the greatest problems facing us today.............yes, I'm being sarcastic. I may have to step away from all news sources. I'm not sure how much of this BS I can take anymore.

OneGunTex

Escaped Member
    Jan 12, 2021
    Southern Maryland, no longer
    I saw reference to this in a Waterfowl forum, the suspicion being that guides who take people body booting are behind this, trying to decrease the competition for spots.

If true, it's twisted that they're using the anti-hunting crowd to accomplish this. There is no conservation justification for this bill. Like OP said, if this now then what next.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    This is from any boat. I'm going to edit the post. It only pertains to the susquehanna flats area but if they take that where do they stop? Can you only hunt from land or a lottery for a public blind?

Absurdity. But I can see how things like this will stick and then be expanded upon elsewhere.
    It used to be that only poor people lived on the water but now the elites are taking over recreational areas for themselves.
    I seen it and discussed the very same thing years ago when I bumped in to former president Jimmy Carter over on Morris neck while he was duck hunting with some help from some refuge personnel.
    Harder and harder to find a good spot without interference is what he said. Protect what you have son,simple things are changing at a rapid pace and will be even more so in the future.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    You could always you the buttstock as an emergency paddle or fight off an aggressive rabbit as Jimmah Carter did.

Ole Jimmah didnt have a problem maintaining his swing with that Purdey SG or worry about having to fight anyone off.
    He had Jodie Fosters half Sister with Ray Bans on and gun on me from inside her ski jacket when I stopped in to chat about all the gunning going on over there.

MunkMaster

Aug 9, 2013
    Eastern Shore
    Yes, one group is body booters and they tried this last year. People are pissed again and complain about it, A LOT!

Call your delegates.

I'm on the Eastern shore so I haven't met any hard core booters. Are they really that snobbish about it? I know once you get over the bridge the noses get higher in the air but c'mon now. If it's public land and they get there early enough to set up and before everyone else what's the big deal? I talked to a guy who did it once or twice but when I talked to him we were sitting in his boat with a blind so I'm sure he would hate this law.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    This is to stem all the boating accidents gun owners seem to have.

Hey, I live here! There's a rumor the decoy guys are all fudds, but they aren't! They have been spotted doing alot of magnet fishing in the flats while also duck hinting, since Biden was announced winner.

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    I'm on the Eastern shore so I haven't met any hard core booters. Are they really that snobbish about it? I know once you get over the bridge the noses get higher in the air but c'mon now. If it's public land and they get there early enough to set up and before everyone else what's the big deal? I talked to a guy who did it once or twice but when I talked to him we were sitting in his boat with a blind so I'm sure he would hate this law.

It's just another guy/group that feels like they've always had this all to themselves and now that others have discovered it though layout boats/kayaks that they need a law to keep the upstarts out.

I, every other sportsmen I have spoken with and MDWFA all think if it is a public space, then any public person can use it by any legal means. No special set asides to other hunting methods should be considered.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Say, did you happen to get her #? :cool:

I’m asking for a friend ... :innocent0

No, but when I told her I was looking for Mr. J Popham she kept asking me how did we get here?
    13 different ways in case I tripped up all federal style was what she knew.

She had a Steam boat lift tag on her jacket I says to her. Would she like to go for a brandy?

It's a wonder she didn't plug me right there then walking in to them like that but it wouldn't have mattered. They thought I didn't see the refuge guys flushing birds from the marsh.
    It's a number I wont let go.:D

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Thank God! Finally. I've been sleepless over this issue for years. We are so blessed our representatives are tackling the greatest problems facing us today.............yes, I'm being sarcastic. I may have to step away from all news sources. I'm not sure how much of this BS I can take anymore.

Have you seen the bill in the General Assembly to try to study how to protect birds from flying into commercial building windows? All of this is a circus.

More birds are killed by house cats/feral cats, than by hunters or commercial building windows, but I don't see them debating about what to do about these house cats.

I cannot even look at this BS anymore because it just puts me in a crap mood. We need to stop paying our delegates so much money, so they have to actually do some real work in lieu of this BS.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I saw reference to this in a Waterfowl forum, the suspicion being that guides who take people body booting are behind this, trying to decrease the competition for spots.

If true, it's twisted that they're using the anti-hunting crowd to accomplish this. There is no conservation justification for this bill. Like OP said, if this now then what next.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Why would you be surprised that it is the guide industry doing this? I had a guide call DNR on a buddy of mine to allege that my buddy was hunting after sunset. The guide was leasing a property across the street from the farm my buddy hunted on and my buddy was too much competition for the guide. DNR cited my buddy, relying on the eye witness account. I entered my appearance, and the eye witness guide did not show up for trial. The officer did not attempt to testify against my buddy/client either. This same guide went to speak to the farm owner of the farm my buddy was hunting on and he wanted the farm owner to throw my buddy out. The farm owner told the guide to GTFO. The guide has since been thrown off the farm across the street.

I have represented a person for illegal guiding because he was charging people to hunt on his property as he supplied the decoys, called for them, etc. I got him PBJ and the judge waived the fine so he could apply for a guiding license. Problem is, he needs to have experience guiding with an outfit before he can apply for the guide license. Do you think the guiding outfits allow any Tom, Dick, or Harry into the business? Told him that he had to structure his business as a lease, whether it be a single day lease or a hunt club lease, and that while he could supply blinds, decoys, etc. a la cart as part of the lease, he could not be out there actually calling on his very own land.

Who do you think was responsible for getting the entire guide licensing in place for waterfowling? The guiding industry themselves. Just like you need a license to practice law a license to hold yourself out as a CPA, a license for other professions, you need a license to be a waterfowl guide and you need experience from a waterfowl guide before you can apply for a guide license.

Yeah, tens shocked that the waterfowl guiding profession might be behind this restriction.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    Why would you be surprised that it is the guide industry doing this? I had a guide call DNR on a buddy of mine to allege that my buddy was hunting after sunset. The guide was leasing a property across the street from the farm my buddy hunted on and my buddy was too much competition for the guide. DNR cited my buddy, relying on the eye witness account. I entered my appearance, and the eye witness guide did not show up for trial. The officer did not attempt to testify against my buddy/client either. This same guide went to speak to the farm owner of the farm my buddy was hunting on and he wanted the farm owner to throw my buddy out. The farm owner told the guide to GTFO. The guide has since been thrown off the farm across the street.

I have represented a person for illegal guiding because he was charging people to hunt on his property as he supplied the decoys, called for them, etc. I got him PBJ and the judge waived the fine so he could apply for a guiding license. Problem is, he needs to have experience guiding with an outfit before he can apply for the guide license. Do you think the guiding outfits allow any Tom, Dick, or Harry into the business? Told him that he had to structure his business as a lease, whether it be a single day lease or a hunt club lease, and that while he could supply blinds, decoys, etc. a la cart as part of the lease, he could not be out there actually calling on his very own land.

Who do you think was responsible for getting the entire guide licensing in place for waterfowling? The guiding industry themselves. Just like you need a license to practice law a license to hold yourself out as a CPA, a license for other professions, you need a license to be a waterfowl guide and you need experience from a waterfowl guide before you can apply for a guide license.

Yeah, tens shocked that the waterfowl guiding profession might be behind this restriction.
    Wasn't near Kennedyville was it?

We sub leased a pit on a farm that a rather well known guide had leased. The owner was pissed about the sublease and the fact the guide service was running multiple parties a day through the pit they kept. The guide was pissed when he found out the owner leased his whole farm to our group for the next season. We hunted there for several seasons before the owner retired and sold the farm.

P.S. we had many more visits from DNR PoPo than would have been considered "normal". After a while, they stopped, I believe because after they heard the story several times, they figured out where the "complaints" were coming from.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom