• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Been years since i used a shoulder holster...80s with a ppk/s. Thinking about one for occassions. Mini glock. Anyone have suggestions, pros and cons?

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I got a G&G thats been around for about 8 years. I only wear it to court but a shoulder holster is great for driving. Not so much for everyday stuff. I only wear it to court because it rubs less on my suits, which causes rips. No matter how many "holster patches" you get sewn in the gun still rips your suit with a OWB pancake holster.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Don't get the kind of shoulder holster that muzzles the person behind you.

That is very inconsiderate.

Maybe if you’re in a checkout line.

In Condition Yellow, some unknown person standing behind you is just as inconsiderate and needs to be addressed quickly.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I still have a Jackass rig for a 1911...still a great design. When I was a plainclothes cop I carried the S&W Model 64 I was issued in an El Paso Saddlery shoulder rig. There's no one perfect holster for all situations...a quality shoulder holster should be part of every well dressed concealed carry person's wardrobe.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I have several Galco Miami Classic II's.

I don't like the upside down mag carriers on the regular Classic

I have an Undertaker by High Noon Holsters for my 3rd generation S&W 10mm autos.

Like it as well.

They work.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Don't get the kind of shoulder holster that muzzles the person behind you.

That is very inconsiderate.

My apologies to the 100's of thousands of people in airplanes, airports, and cities all over the country and world I sat or walked in front of for many years. :D

Kydex gear from Survival sheath. As a fledgling company,Robert started making custom stuff for us FAMs back in '01. He even made stuff with white kydex and straps for custom concealment jobs,etc... 17 years of experience, he has to be THE BEST kydex guy in the country.

https://www.survivalsheath.com/

For a shoulder rig, I highly recommend an Andrews Custom Leather Monarch Shoulder Rig. You can actually call the owner Sam Andrews on the phone and he'll talk to you personally, in fact Sam usually answers the phone. I had Sam make me a shoulder holster for my Glock 19, his workmanship is top notch. Sam also made most if not all the holsters for the leading actors in The Magnificent Seven (2016) movie. For your viewing pleasure...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQca4DpZrgY

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    My apologies to the 100's of thousands of people in airplanes, airports, and cities all over the country and world I sat or walked in front of for many years. :D

Kydex gear from Survival sheath. As a fledgling company,Robert started making custom stuff for us FAMs back in '01. He even made stuff with white kydex and straps for custom concealment jobs,etc... 17 years of experience, he has to be THE BEST kydex guy in the country.

I just found something that I didnt realize I needed until 5 minutes ago. Not sure exactly what I'm going to use it for though :shrug:

https://www.survivalsheath.com/products/double-shoulder-sheath

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater

+1. On Blaster's recommendation, I had Robert make two shoulder rigs for me (different pistols), and they are, by far, the most comfortable, secure and invisible systems I've ever seen and used. Something that sets them apart is that the shoulder straps cross a bit lower behind the shoulder, so they're much less visible than the other rigs I've owned.

To those folks who are concerned with sweeping the person(s) behind the pistol, I will concede that an untrained person, in the heat of the moment, might touch off a ND. Really no different than everybody else who NDs.

About the only negative comment I can make is that sometimes there is a very long lead time for an order to be shipped. Everything is made to order, and that takes time. which IMHO is well worth it. I'm considering having him make one for my P-365.

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    Carried my issue M9 in a Galco Jackass rig in TOCs all over Iraq when not in body armor-- very comfortable and durable in some pretty harsh conditions. Requires upkeep on the leather but...like cleaning weapons, it's actually something I enjoy. Liked the holster better than the weapon it carried...:innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom