• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rpker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 26, 2009
    Charles County
    Long story short....I was in Hobby Lobby in Fredericksburg today and the guy in front of me in line was OC.

I broke out in a cold sweat and thought to myself that "this can't be legal"

I kept waiting for the inevitable shooting to start....

Where were the police....

I almost ran away in fear...

Then I realized that I was in America over there.....

Nothing to see here....move along:sad20:

Ronan

3D Printing Guru
    Jul 30, 2018
    Annapolis, MD
    Did not know there's OC in Virginia. Good to know, not accustomed to it.

I did see some dude (looked like militarized police) drop his handgun outside a gun store in MD.

Could hear that nice FDE finish scrap all over the parking lot floor.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    Back when my UT permit was good in PA I would carry when we would do our weekly shopping. I was in line at TSC leaning on the cart carrying my full sized 9mm concealed IWB.

There was a couple behind me and I heard the lady whisper to her man "He's got a gun."

The man's reply was a nonchalant "uh huh". And that was it.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    You should have seen the 30-40 people OC'ing at the PP NRA demonstration yesterday.

I checked the papers today.

Nope-no one was shot there yesterday.

Wonder how many were shot in Baltimore or Chicago yesterday.

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Back when my UT permit was good in PA I would carry when we would do our weekly shopping. I was in line at TSC leaning on the cart carrying my full sized 9mm concealed IWB.

There was a couple behind me and I heard the lady whisper to her man "He's got a gun."

The man's reply was a nonchalant "uh huh". And that was it.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

If you were concealed how did she see it?

Nobody

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    You should have seen the 30-40 people OC'ing at the PP NRA demonstration yesterday.

I checked the papers today.

Nope-no one was shot there yesterday.

Wonder how many were shot in Baltimore or Chicago yesterday.

U.S. Krags are a bit dated, but they'll do the job.

Ronan

3D Printing Guru
    Jul 30, 2018
    Annapolis, MD
    I never understood OC... CC makes sense to me and i wish i could have CC, especially in some of the places i have been in the US, but OC... its like waiting for someone to mug me and take my gun (or some crazy lady to scream "HE'S GOT A GUN AHHHHH" and then all kind of legal trouble because she 'saw' me reach for it)...

People already freak out when you try to help them (pick up something they dropped, etc), so i can't imagine when a gun is involved simply because its holstered...

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I never understood OC... CC makes sense to me and i wish i could have CC, especially in some of the places i have been in the US, but OC... its like waiting for someone to mug me and take my gun (or some crazy lady to scream "HE'S GOT A GUN AHHHHH" and then all kind of legal trouble because she 'saw' me reach for it)...

People already freak out when you try to help them (pick up something they dropped, etc), so i can't imagine when a gun is involved simply because its holstered...

And this is based on your extensive experience doing it?

Ronan

3D Printing Guru
    Jul 30, 2018
    Annapolis, MD
    And this is based on your extensive experience doing it?

As stated in the text you quoted, base on people freaking out for nothing already.

So now throw a gun in the equation...

With CC its my business and my business alone. It throws the 'outside' equation right out the window. Not sure about you, but i trust myself, i don't trust random strangers.

Edit: Wasn't there just an incident with a state that has OC and people were demonstrating their state law OC and it caused panic in the area?... Reinforces my point of why CC makes sense to me and OC doesn't.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I have OC in several states many times and never experienced what you describe. It’s a cultural thing so a sweeping generalization based on what would happen here is not an accurate depiction of OC in other states where the gun culture is not only the norm but accepted and is a non event

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Worst experience I ever had OC'ing in VA? Having 2 Prince William Co. officers stop and ask me how I liked the M&P .45 that was on my hip. Aside from that, rarely even heard or observed any comments or evil-eyes from anyone around me. As long as you're casual and not fvcking around with your rig constantly, it almost seems to go unnoticed. Most people are too involved in their own affairs to pay much attention to what's going on around them.

I rarely go open anymore. But notice I still have some behaviors that were developed long before I was able to even OC - basically just keeping a elevated awareness of the surroundings and the people in those surroundings. You can casually scan an area w/out drawing too much attention to yourself.

Concealed or Open, one thing never changes (IMO) - if you're not paying attention, might as well not even be carrying.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    This

I have OC’d in VA, NC, AZ, GA, NV and some others.

Not once has anyone said a word to me.

You do get some smiles however

Ronan

3D Printing Guru
    Jul 30, 2018
    Annapolis, MD
    I have OC in several states many times and never experienced what you describe. It’s a cultural thing so a sweeping generalization based on what would happen here is not an accurate depiction of OC in other states where the gun culture is not only the norm but accepted and is a non event

It's quite an interesting subject for me, i did some googling (i lived in major cities all over the world for 95% of my life, Annapolis is the smallest place i have lived, it's tiny!).

Taking out the states that don't allow cc/oc, it seems CC is MUCH more common/accepted/popular vs OC which a lot of people have commented to find bothersome and are unaccustomed to. Even in popular 'gun states'.

Not talking about OC in a large city (or out in the boonies), but in a normal/regular size town.

But then again, the way things were happening/done in the 80's are very different than today.

Worst experience I ever had OC'ing in VA? Having 2 Prince William Co. officers stop and ask me how I liked the M&P .45 that was on my hip. Aside from that, rarely even heard or observed any comments or evil-eyes from anyone around me. As long as you're casual and not fvcking around with your rig constantly, it almost seems to go unnoticed. Most people are too involved in their own affairs to pay much attention to what's going on around them.

I rarely go open anymore. But notice I still have some behaviors that were developed long before I was able to even OC - basically just keeping a elevated awareness of the surroundings and the people in those surroundings. You can casually scan an area w/out drawing too much attention to yourself.

Concealed or Open, one thing never changes (IMO) - if you're not paying attention, might as well not even be carrying.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Just today at WAWA there was a young man busy on his phone, with earbuds on, waiting on his food, 300% unaware of his surrounding. The clerk had been calling him for a good minute because his sandwich was ready (she was 5 feet away from him). He was COMPLETELY unaware of ANYTHING around him. I had to tap him on the shoulder and point at his sandwich, which got me a nice nasty glare (the 'wtf is your problem' kind).

I'm not even going to start about idiots crossing the street (jaywalking) without looking because their busy on their phone...

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    CC is more prevalent but the reactions you talk about have never happened to me and I have OC more times than many others here.

Just my experience

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom